• This topic has 69 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by colp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Show me some pictures of you doing some big drops offs..
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

or for that matter any dropoffs

or jumps….

prize for the biggest…

stevede
    Free Member

Apologies for lazy link, working away and only have my phone for tinternet https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/542423

maxtorque

sorry, my mate isn’t very good with a camera and managed to cut me out of the shot, but i managed to drop this massive kerb (at least 3″ tall!)

😉

Superficial
    Free Member

Hardtail hero.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Doing it slowly is more scary – hoppity-hoppity-droppity!

oxym0r0n

I’ll bite!

As big as it gets for me (landed about half-way down – not my bike)

IMG_4057 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

Another: 199… (note the saddle at full height)

Jumps by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

nedrapier

BITD, bit of a hollywood drop, right in front of the restaurant! softer landing than any of the others so far, though…

PJ266
    Free Member

Hucks away!

chilled76
    Free Member

Les Gets kona bike park circa 2008

mindmap3
    Free Member

I remember that drop in Les Gets…I ran up to it a few times but bottled it. I couldn’t get my head around the run up because as you rode up the ladder to get to it, you could see the landing etc just the other side of the valley.

chilled76
    Free Member

It’s a lot bigger than that pic seems to make it look!

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Stevede that drop is big and scary on super tavi and you also seem to have left your full suss at home
    Pure madness plus steel ball bag – props Sir

stevede
    Free Member

Ha ha cheers frogleek, it’s not too bad on the hardtail to be honest, I reckon the first gap is technically more difficult.

bruneep

One of our guys had a helicopter ride and a few weeks in hospital after getting the hut jump wrong. 🙁

siwhite
    Free Member

Me, circa 1999, Buckland Rings in Lymington, riding an Orange Mr O.

My friend broke his femur riding this a few weeks later.

33 foot gap – great fun!

image by Scgwhite, on Flickr

Milkie
    Free Member

Went to Pila for the day, was awesome, didn’t realise what I had been dropping off until we stopped and looked back! It still gets my heart pounding just watching.
    Drop off & trees
    Whole video

clubber
    Free Member

This was pretty hardcore

JonEdwards
    Free Member

BFe at the Mega

Ae

niksnr
    Free Member

One day Jedi training! Couldn’t (or wouldn’t) have even attempted something like this beforehand. Going back in April – can’t wait!!

Biggest by niksnr, on Flickr

clubber
    Free Member

JonEdwards – Member

BFe at the Mega

Kinnel! Is that a drop to flat?

Not exactly big – handy rock at Stanage

Stanage by davetheblade, on Flickr

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Kinnel! Is that a drop to flat?

Nah – about the same as the Les Gets one further up the page.

pastcaring
    Free Member

Glc drop Whistler 05

euanc
    Free Member

xiphon
    Free Member

Buckland Rings is my old stomping ground!

I remember Steve Geall (sp?) riding both Oranges and a Spooky IIRC on those trails.

All the local kids (probably myself included) were gobsmacked at a “celebrity” from the pages of MBUK gracing our jumps… ha ha

For that gap in your picture, you needed to straight-line down the side of the quarry?

siwhite
    Free Member

Xiphon – that’s the one. You had to drop straight in from the top to clear that gap.

Was quite fun riding with Geally and some of his chums – I learned a lot from him. I remember when Steve got married – we were all mucking about at Buckland on the bikes the day before when Steve Peat just turned up and started riding.

I had the offer of a factory ride with Spooky, but it was the summer before I joined the Army so didn’t work out…

Euro
    Free Member

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Euanc, road gap at Inners?

jedi

nice one nik 😀

kimbers

im pants at drop offs, I can ride them but never quite mange to ‘send it’

cwmcarn freeride drops, before litigating muppets had them removed

julioflo
    Free Member

stevede – that drop at Gawton – on a hardtail. You idiot. Did you survive?
    (fair play if you did sir!)

D0NK

Basically a big kerb compared to some of the above, not got pics of anything bigger (not that I’ve done much bigger)

concrete drop by D0NK, on Flickr

jedi

13 by ukbikeskills, on Flickr

not big but its the first pic i found 🙂

maxtorque

This thread just reminds me i can’t ride for s**t……. 😉

jimthelad
    Free Member

This is from BUCS ’11 at Moelfre Hall. Resulted in one of the bigger offs I’ve had.

This is somehow the biggest jump I have a picture of me doing. Can’t even get a decent frame grab from a video because they are all POV.

honourablegeorge

Revolution Bike Park

D0NK

looks big but do-able george, what is that height wise? ~4′ from woodwork to grass but 6-7′ to where your rear tyre landed?

SOAP
    Free Member

Fairly big

honourablegeorge

D0NK – Member
    looks big but do-able george, what is that height wise? ~4′ from woodwork to grass but 6-7′ to where your rear tyre landed?

Probably, yeah, think I made it about five feet from top of drop straight down, with the transition adding a bit, but it’s a nice smooth landing, the tricky bit is making sure you don’t overshoot it and land to flat – I was chatting with a bloke on the uplift who’d done exactly that and had the bruised to prove it.

razorrazoo

jimthelad – Member
    This is from BUCS ’11 at Moelfre Hall. Resulted in one of the bigger offs I’ve had.

That photo perfectly captures the moment when you realise it’s all going wrong, look like it was painful!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Show me some pictures of you doing some big drops offs..’ is closed to new replies.