Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Show me some beautifully designed websites
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Please.

DrP

Ling……..?!

DrP

chvck
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

smashing magazine is worth trolling through especially the inspiration section

this sort of thing

AlexSimon

I was pretty impressed with this article layout from the Washington Post:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sports/wp/2013/02/27/cyclings-road-forward/

bearGrease

That WP article is great.

johndoh
    Free Member

When looking for inspiration I always find this site is great…

http://www.designmadeingermany.de/sites-we-like/

Aus
    Free Member

I’m chuffed with mine …

http://www.mixresearch.co.uk (is that permissable?!)

altho always lots more to do

greeble
    Free Member

nice use of an already existing template Aus

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

aus, how do you do ethnography via apps?

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Google boilerplate and bootstrap websites, this will bring up lots of very ‘current’ looking sites.

leffeboy

Nice link johndoh. Our site is starting to date a bit so I think I’ll have to nose through that a bit before starting work.

chvck
    Free Member

If you want a website that stands out and looks like it’s been designed by a designer not a developer don’t use these. FWIW – my sites use bootstrap!

Aus
    Free Member

thanks greeble … low cost and learning the ropes!
    Dorset knob – loose use of ethnography I guess … filming/pics type of stuff (I guess aiming for capturing real rather than claimed behaviour)

rogermoore
    chvck
    Free Member

Screw it I’ll throw my own blog to the wolves as at least it doesn’t conform to rogermoore’s link and I think it looks good! (it also shows the stereotypical colours and fonts of bootstrap)

http://chvck.co.uk/

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

aus, oh I see, I thought you meant doing ethnography remotely somehow, which was messing with my tattered brain

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

(interesting site btw)

Aus
    Free Member

Dorset … you work in the same sort of area?

BoardinBob
    SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I rather like this one for it’s use of images:

Luxury Family Holidays at the Martinhal Family Hotels & Resorts

DavidB
    Free Member

chvck – honest feedback..your not straight lines made me feel a bit queazy and I had to surf away.

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you mean beautifully designed from an aesthetic or a usability point of view? A couple of the examples above are really pretty but I don’t have a clue what they do and I don’t think I would choose them to do something for me as a supplier (I might not be the target market, though). Rogermoore’s link conversely is very dull and the template for millions of sites but I’d be happy that I could find my way around it and that they are a normal company selling a product I might buy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Aesthetic. It’s for a product that has design as its focus. It may be something neck related, I’m not saying. It’s just a simple list of items with pictures really, and a purchase page, so it’s not going to have lots of content.

chvck
    Free Member

haha never been told that one before!

johndoh
    Free Member

Btw, the designer of the lings cars site – he talks on the conference circuit for web designers. Apparently he’s well regarded.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Aus – not quite / maybe … I’m an information designer. Research is the theoretical start-point of what I do, but it’s quite difficult getting approval for a research phase and budget so mostly have to go without.

Probably because the client is thinking ‘if I wanted research, I’d go to those clever people at ‘The Mix’. 😉

AlexSimon

johndoh – I didn’t know that about lingscars.com, so I took a closer look. It’s actually really complex. Lots of clever ways of displaying very dry info.

The more I look at the site, the more I realise how clever it is!

I used to work in a direct marketing agency that had some very ‘low rent’, but highly profitable businesses on our books. Some of the designers there were very clever at hitting the market right between the eyes.

Of course, non of this is any use to molgrips and his posh scarves though!

johndoh
    Free Member
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Show me some beautifully designed websites’ is closed to new replies.