• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Show me Lyriks (or similar) on LT Hardtail
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

done with the talas on my slackline and don’t care about weight so thinking of whacking some lyriks wound down to 140/150mm

Anyone done this to a BFe,456 etc?

How does it ride?

bungalistic
    Free Member

I used to run Lyriks on my BFe, at the time they were set at 140mm which felt just fine for all round riding.

Northwind

I ran Lyriks in my BFe and Mmmbop… TBH, I wasn’t totally sold, usually they had Revelations and they were more than up to the job. The big bike makes better use of the big forks so the drawback of the extra weight felt like it didn’t really have enough payback. Though having said that, I did prefer the coil spring and the damping in the Lyriks even on the hardtails.

momo

Fox 36 Vans on my BFe.

BFe with added Reverb by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

stevede
    Free Member

I ride a lot of dh on my ti slackline with 36 floats lowered to 140mm, love it. Gawton is my local (ish) dh and I ride everything there on it, forks are great for me, wanted something stiff up front but didn’t want a 160mm fork to ruin the handling as I use the bike for trail riding too. I think a lyrik wound down would be great. I had a 170mm lyrik rc2dh on my old enduro and its the best single crown fork I’ve used.

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve run this with Revelations but its a little more grrrrrr with the 36 Floats (at 130mm).

reggiegasket
    Free Member

medium BFe and Lyriks here. Don’t have a pic at work.

messiah
    Free Member

I loved this with the forks at 160mm

But I was rather more grrrr than it was.

Anyone want any frames tested? 😈

trickydisco
    Free Member

I ride a lot of dh on my ti slackline with 36 floats lowered to 140mm, love it. Gawton is my local (ish) dh and I ride everything there on it, forks are great for me, wanted something stiff up front but didn’t want a 160mm fork to ruin the handling as I use the bike for trail riding too.

yes to that! This is what i thought. my 32’s at 150 feel flexy as hell. Used to have some lyriks on my enduro and also ridden a blue pig with lyriks on and it tracked so well over rough ground. Not sure if this is to do with the bigger stanctions or mission control

probably looking at what £200+ for 2nd hand?

scruff
    Free Member

different frames, mostly same bits.

trickydisco
    Free Member

different frames, mostly same bits.

and how do you find it? Do you wind them down to 140/150? did u have other forks on it before?

really interested in comparisons with air forks and 32 stanctions

st

I had an Alpine at a similar sort of time to Scruff and had Lyriks on it. Kept them around 140 most of the time and wound them out to 160 at the start of big descents (Lakes trips etc) and it was great fn.

scruff
    Free Member

Same at st(alker), U turned them down to 140 and whack em up for down going big hills.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Surge with 150mm zocchi RC3 ti forks on. It rides well – do plenty of climbing on it and it descends really, really well.

Northwind

trickydisco – Member

yes to that! This is what i thought. my 32’s at 150 feel flexy as hell.

There is middle ground! 32s are basically an XC fork, stretched, but a 34 or a Revelation (or a Thor if you want to roll the Magura reliability dice) is a different story

spuddle
    Free Member

Fox 36’s 160mm

trickydisco
    Free Member

Fox 36’s 160mm

awesome.. how does it ride?

trickydisco
    Free Member

There is middle ground! 32s are basically an XC fork, stretched, but a 34 or a Revelation (or a Thor if you want to roll the Magura reliability dice) is a different story

there is.. but i can’t afford to splash out £400 on an air fork and the mission control + coil on 2nd hand lyriks are going to out perform a ton of air forks out there

Northwind

Aye, Lyriks are ridiculous value used for such a great fork.

Euro
    Free Member

OP, are your talas 32s? This came fitted with 150mm Dual air Revs. I didn’t get on with them as they had a little too much bend under brakes and through corners. I could have lived with that if they didn’t feel so boingy with it. No amount of fiddling and pumping could get them to feel right all. Swapped for 110-150mm talas 36 and it’s a much more capable bike for it.

Here in dad mode @ around 120.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Show me Lyriks (or similar) on LT Hardtail’ is closed to new replies.