Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Show and tell. Shopper e conversions.
  • zippykona

What you got, did it self combust and burn your house down?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Following, really tempted to electrify my ofo, but the BB shell is too gusseted for a mid drive, and it has hub gears at the back, dynamo at the front so the options are limited. Easiest option therefore would probably be to swap the frameset for something else.

IHN

Also following, as we have one of these that we keep talking about converting:

https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/bikes/hybrid-city-bikes/classic-bikes/dawes-cambridge-2022-womens-bike

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve posted this before, but here’s my mk1 Switchback with a Tongsheng mid kit, rack and panniers-

We’ve also got a trailer that we hitch up for heavier stuff like sacks of taties and that, it works well.

edit- although I am considering buying a cheap-ish Carrera or Giant and putting the kit on that instead and having a nice (single speed) hardtail again…

zippykona

edit- although I am considering buying a cheap-ish Carrera or Giant and putting the kit on that instead and having a nice (single speed) hardtail again…

I’ve just got one of these ,just in case.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394086533295

zippykona

Where is a good place to buy a tongshen kit from?

breninbeener

Im eagerly watching this. I have a 20+ mile each way commute to my 1-2 day a week job. If i could find or build a cheap bike and add a tongsheng mid drive kit then i would cycle to work.

What are the deciding factors that would prevent a tongsheng mid drive kit? Im guessed threaded BB works best. Anyrhing else to look out for or avoid?

tjagain
    breninbeener

Thanks Tj!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.