Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Shouting “Wooooooohhooooooo” down big hills?
  • onandon
    Free Member

Do you shout Woooohoooooo at people as you fly down big hills as they are slowly making their way up them?

Over the last couple of months as I’ve been slowly cranking up a big hill I have been woooohoooooed at 3 or 4 times by other cyclists as they have been descending at speed.

Is this the done think? Do others do this?

I woohooed at a guy last night as I came down a hill and the bloke had to stop as he was laughing so much 🙂

the00
    Free Member

I get a bit carried away on downhills generally, but rarely aim my yelping at individuals in particular. I like to see people enjoying themselves though…

Pook

i tend to be holding on for dear life.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I favour “Yee-har!”, but not to anyone in particular…

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’d like to think that one day at least someone will shout “nnnneeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyoooowwwwwwwmmmmmmmm” as they hurtle past, like you did when you were a little kid pretending to be a racing car. or at least, that’s what richard roberts used to do. but he also ate worms and dog poo.

onandon
    Free Member

the times it’s been aimed at me its just made me laugh .

matt_outandabout

I once had a lift in a Landrover with a ‘please refrain from screaming while vehicle is in motion’ sticker on the dash – I always wanted one for my bike.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

My wife shouts “Up yer buuuuuuuuuuuuuuum”

matt_outandabout

Nicknoxx – Member

My wife shouts “Up yer buuuuuuuuuuuuuuum”

On a bike, or in the marital bed?

simonralli2
    Free Member

I like to pracitice my whoo hoos down the karaoke by singing Blur’s “Song 2” in order to ensure a darn fine vocal performance, and one that will do justice to my sublime downhilling swooshiness.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I sing Elvis & Take That songs.

You think i am joking dont you 😉

dan1980
    Free Member

Sometimes I shout “Weeeeee!” Sometimes I actually wee. It depends on the circumstances and as to whether I packed my balls for the trip 🙂

ozzybmx
    Free Member

When riding on my own , usually when just after beating down a good decent … finishing with a fast technical obstacle/s and UNSCAVED i let out a WWWHHOOOHHOOOO on occasion 😀

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

its all about the motorbike brrrapppppppp noises.

J0N
    Free Member

FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!! is usually the only thing from my mouth on good downhills.
    Motorbike bbbrrrrppp when power sliding through mud.
    Hold my breath on large jumps.
    For some reason I giggle like a girl when doing large drops.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I often let out a big involuntary cackle in the Sid James stylee if I’m really having fun.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I sing I am the ressurection by the stone roses

grumm
    Free Member

I do it snowboarding when coming down a nice powder field. Not tried it on a bike yet. 😉

Anna-B
    Free Member

I tend to get over-excited and laugh and whoop and shriek going downhill. It’s never aimed at anybody, just an unavoidable side effect of the biking!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I swear at the bottom of a good downhill whilst punching the air…and wonder why I end up on the floor

enfht
    Free Member

I didnt know a local park was shut last weekend until a Park Ranger stopped and “asked” me to leave. I “promised” I’d leave at the next exit but slung a right and whooshed downhill shouting “BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW” in with a scary voice (dont ask me why) but I didnt spot the frightended dog walker until I’d past him screaming my head off.

I didnt stop laughing for ages, ****’ hilarious !!! 😆

Keva
    Free Member

I wonder if downhill racers scream and yelp but no one hears them ’cause of the full face crash helmets ?

cinnamon_girl

Try riding with Aleigh – you can hear her a mile away 😀

I’m guilty on the odd occasion but normally just vocal when solo riding on the singlespeed, bit unladylike 😳

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I would just think “****t” if someone did.

daveb
    Free Member

I wouldnt shout out as I pass someone but do occasionally let out a few laughs / shrieks when going just that little bit faster than I should or doing a bit I havent before.

I do remember some guy shouting at me when I was on the Caddon Bank descent at Innerleithen that I was too slow (I ALWAYS move for faster riders in plenty of time) which rankled a bit then found out he had been doing it all the way down with other riders. Karma was good as I took over him a bit further down as he looked at his puncture – I could have stopped and laughed but being a decent sort of chap I just continued biking with just a huge smug smile on my face. It didnt surprise me to see that no one offered to help with his puncture.

grumm
    Free Member

We ran into some guys at the top of the big hill at Kielder – one of em claimed they had got up to 43 mph on the descent down from there. We went down first and I got a pinch half way down. Then we heard them coming down whooping and hollering like crazy from a little way away. When they came into sight they were maybe doing about 15 mph. 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Too gripped with fear – I enjoy survivor euphoria at the bottom 😀

cinnamon_girl

Lighten up ripper 😉

13thfloormonk

I tend to (attempt) a “meh-meh-f**king neoow!” a-la postman pat in this (lots of swearing) clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY5l2xvFass

Problem is, i started attempting it while trying to pass people on boggy granny ring climbs, not very appropriate!

sharki
    Free Member

Normally too busy riding to make noises, though the brrraaaaappp(mx sound) came come out when i’m playing on whoopy bits.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

I once rode down a hill!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yep usualy when following someone, not when i’m in front though?

probably so they can appreciate my sheere raddddd-ness and to let them know i made it over the step up they rolled through, and now breathing down their neck.

matt_outandabout

Nice post TJ 😆

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m usually just muttering “bollocks” or “not good” or “this is going to hurt” under my breath if I’m saying anything at all.

BearBack
    Free Member

Only on remote trails during bear season 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Woohoo often.

nicko74

Not intentionally – it’s more yelps of relief/ achievement at having made it through particular sections without dabbing/ completely f*cking myself and my bike up.
    When riding with my regular riding buddy I usually go in front, so heaven only knows what he thinks of it all…

aleigh
    Free Member

I am a bit of a screamer myself 😀

twang
    Free Member

I bet you are! (rubs thighs)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Shouting “Wooooooohhooooooo” down big hills?’ is closed to new replies.