Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • shout out to santa cruz warranty
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

in a world where we (and i mean me as much as anyone else) like a good moan at poor service i’d just like to recant my experience of getting a replacement frame from santa cruz’ warranty team..

my v2 5010 developed a fault and a warranty replacement was agreed with the absolute minimum of fuss, no hoops to jump through etc.. i was the original owner, and the warranty was registered to me.

now, the v2 is no longer produced so i was offered a v4 5010, the shock isn’t transferable so i was offered one of those at a vastly reduced rate.

could not be happier… yes they cost a lot initially, but life time warranty on the frame means just that, and the ease with which it all took place has been a joy to behold.

gkeeffe

I had a similar experience… top service!!

chevychase

It’s one of the reasons I never hesitated pressing go with my v3 nomad.

mmcd

Awooga

robgclarkson
    Free Member

identify your sen mmcd!!!

sherlockholmes
    Free Member

Good to hear, i have a 5010 and a nomad and the warranty was a big factor in the buying decision.

What was the fault that developed on the v2 5010?

Edit – out of curiosity did you go straight to santa cruz direct or did you contact jungle first?

tomhoward

santa cruz direct or did you contact jungle first?

Same company.

sherlockholmes
    Free Member

Thanks for your enlightening response TomHoward, I see you seem to post a lot of helpful replies like this.
    I know Jungle was acquired by Santa Cruz. But thats not the question I asked is it?
    Theres been no change to the working struture of Jungle.
    So contacting Santa Cruz direct is different from contacting Jungle direct.

I just wanted to hear a bit about the process from the OP.
    OP – was the bike originaly bought from a uk santa cruz dealer? What was the turn around time like?

Thankfully I’ve never had any reason to make a warranty claim with Santa Cruz but its interesting to hear how the process goes.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

initially i contacted the vendor (Stiff) who told me to fill out a warranty claim on the via the santa cruz website, i did, jungle then emailed me (on the back of my claim) asked for some finer details and away we went.

as for the fault, the lower headset cup was loose and i could fit an remove it by hand. i had to show that it wasn’t the cup that was at fault by trying a new one (it was defo the frame). i could feel a slight knocking, and had noticed the cup was moving after a ride….

FTR: i’d bought it as a complete bike, so my build skills can’t be brought into question. (well they can, just not for this specific build!)

tomhoward

Thanks for your enlightening response TomHoward, I see you seem to post a lot of helpful replies like this.

Username checks out…

My point was (and rather proven) that it doesn’t matter where you enter into the process, you are dealing with the same people.

sherlockholmes
    Free Member

Amazing Rob, glad to hear it was resolved with now fuss.
    And a cheeky upgrade to v4!

Plenty baulk at Santa Cruz prices but this is basically what you’re buying into. I have 12 months riding on a set of reserve wheels, I’ve deliberately rode them pretty harsh thinking I dont have to worry about breaking them. Absolutely flawless 12 months on.

nitster

I cracked the rear triangle seat stay on a V1 Bronson C. Not only did Jungle replace the frame with a V2 CC frame under warranty with absolutely no quibbling, they lent me a second hand rear triangle for a week long trip to Scotland whilst waiting for the replacement. Great to deal with and free linkage bearings whenever they wear out!

tish
    Free Member

I had the same problem with the headset cup on a v2 Bronson cc. They replaced it with a v3 Cc and shock foc. I made the claim to Santa Cruz direct as I bought the frame from Germany, jungle contacted me after the claim and dealt with it all with no fuss.

UK-FLATLANDER

That good to hear. I’m in the market for a new bike and as I tend to keep them a long time good customer service is a major selling point.

mashr

Cases jump, ruins head tube, fleeces bike company, boasts about it online 😉

sherlockholmes
    Free Member

Tish, thats interesting and good to hear.
    My 5010 is from Germany. Great that Jungle sorted it.

Nitster, was the crack in the rear triangle from crash damage or manufacturing defect?

I’ve heard mixed experience of SC replacing frames damaged in a crash under warranty FOC, have heard some been offered crash replacement purchase price instead.

Kip

Which year is the V2 @robgclarkson? Just trying to work it out from the colour scheme!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

mashr
    Subscriber
    Cases jump, ruins head tube, fleeces bike company, boasts about it online 😉

you cut me deep man…. deep… 😔

Kip
    Subscriber
    Which year is the V2 @robgclarkson? Just trying to work it out from the

its a 2018, I think… it was the last one before the v3, I bought mine 7 days prior to the v3 being launched…

nitster

Not obviously a crash, maybe just a hard life or possibly a defect but it was 2 years old. Noticed when washing the bike.

Painey
    Free Member

Glad to hear of the good experiences. However, a few of the people I ride with have Santa Cruz bikes and 2 have had grief with them and warranty issues. One of which took months to sort out. Poor build quality on the frame and it kept having to go back to the lbs to try and fix before they eventually swapped the frame later down the line.

To be fair though warranty issues can affect any bike, and a lifetime warranty is reassuring. Would I buy one? Yes. Do I think they’re any better than any other bike company? Not really but they’re certainly more expensive than most.

chestrockwell

Had a similar experience with Orange recently. My Segment (2016, owned from new) had to go back under warranty which I was gutted about as I really liked the bike. Segment has been out of production for a couple of years so no spares, Stage 4 recently gone out of production so I was offered a 2020 Stage 5 frame in a colour of my choice with shock included. All it cost me was fuel to Halifax and back. 🙂

I went via the shop (Sunset MTB) but asked if I could deal with Orange directly as I live 15 miles from Orange HQ. They agreed and all was sorted in a professional and friendly way by Tom at Orange. Defo worth buying from a company that honours it’s warranty properly.

sherlockholmes
    Free Member

Poor build quality on the frame and it kept having to go back to the lbs to try and fix before they eventually swapped the frame later down the line

What specifically was the problem with the frame out of interest? Was there any reason for the time scale involved?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘shout out to santa cruz warranty’ is closed to new replies.