Should you be happy or sad when you survive a crash?

Home Forum Chat Forum Should you be happy or sad when you survive a crash?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Should you be happy or sad when you survive a crash?
  • Q

HTFU ya big girl. πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon Stranger
    Subscriber

Are you damaged?
    MTFU!

Premier Icon doug_basqueMTB.com
    Subscriber

“beer and a kiss” – better than it could have been but not as good as it might have been…

You should be very very happy you chose to wear a helmet ( I see MTBrs not wearing helmets all the time) – you live to ride another day with the main bruising going into your wallet and not the innards of your cranium..

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

You should sit back with your feet up and enjoy your beer whilst having lovely thoughts about the forthcoming Big Bike Bash

FoxyChick

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!” – Helen Keller

Subscriber

Sh#t, I don’t remember the stairs being there – Helen Keller

pcb

Dude,

I’ve had two helmet smashing crashes and I felt happy I was still standing and sad i’d have to buy a new lid.

Enjoy your beer!

mrsflash

I lolled, does that make me bad?

WCA you should be happy.

jedi

crashing makes me laugh even when i break myself πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

vrepami

Should be happy for breathing clear air, have food on your table a woman who clearly loves you.

Lifes to short to get sad over minor things, things can be alot worse.

Have a drink and celebrate your life.

Hic

Sat here feeling a bit miserable with a vague headache and an increasingly painful ankle following my helmet smashing stunt crash earlier.

Wife came into the room with a cold beer, gave me a kiss and said she was so glad I was okay. She had been looking at the helmet and realised I would have been in hospital/morgue without it.

Should I feel glad to survive or sad to have crashed

Happy,always happy.You’re in one piece,got a loving Wife and a cold beer. Life is sweet!

bassspine

…and it’s amazing how brilliant your body is at mending itself πŸ™‚

FoxyChick

Arachnid_Harold…that really made me LOL!!! 8)

tomzo

happy!

I look forward to the next thread that comes out of your crash though. Filled with anticipation.

Mucho love.

RudeBoy

I’m happy you’re ok, WCA! πŸ™‚

I was quite relieved to have survived possibly far worse injury, after my recent smash. Broken helmet, and more expense, but thank God i’m alive, is all I can say.

You’ll feel better tomorrow. But take it easy!

Bit of retail therapy, maybe? Go shopping for a new helmet?

izakimak

You should be happy, i was happy that it was my helmet that broke and not my head. I was however not happy that i’d landed in a river and managed to bent the saddle rail’s as well. Even less unhappy cause i got no-one to give me a kiss or a beer.

Olly

your not dead
    you got sympathy and beer
    you get to buy a new lid, and not feel even SLIGHTLY guilty about your shiney new purchase
    whats not to like?!

glad u got away with it, MTFU and look forward to the next one

dmiller

I did this at sleepless last year…

I was pissed I didnt finish yet another 24 hour race… then I was happy I was ok.

Enjoy the beer!

πŸ™‚

Davy

How the **** did you manage to crash at the sleepless?? Even with the layer of sludge it was one of the least technical courses ever ridden!!!

Do you have trouble riding along smooth tarmac??? πŸ˜‰

PeterPoddy

You should sit back with your feet up and enjoy your beer whilst having lovely thoughts about the forthcoming Big Bike Bash

What is this “Big Bike Bash” of which you speak? Tell me more……
    πŸ˜‰

Subscriber

What is this “Big Bike Bash” of which you speak? Tell me more……

There is a link to it on here http://www.hitthenorth.net

Just woke up and definitely feel happy.

Thanks guys!

Go give you wife a big hug you lucky man.

jwt

Hopefully you’ll have learnt something from your crash that can use to improve your riding, i always find it takes me a while to get back up to speed if I’ve taken a big hit, it knocks my confidence and that takes longer to fix than the cuts and bruises……….try not to see painful death everywhere on your next ride, and bear in mind at least there is a next ride πŸ˜‰

I have bought a new helmet now (hopefully trendy enough for the fashion fascists) and am head back out on the track that trried to kill me. I know no fear!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Should you be happy or sad when you survive a crash?’ is closed to new replies.