Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Should there be child-free zones on planes and trains?
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Seriously. Why are people objecting to being put in one part of a plane rather than another (identical) section? Some people want to sleep on a ten hour flight. If that can be done without inconveniencing others what exactly is the problem?

Airline seats are generally sold on a sliding scale. If you have one area limited to families only and another area limited to childless adults, isn’t everyone slightly worse off?

legend
    Free Member

hertz32 – Member
    kicking me + the chair and he stole my **** pillow

Being pwned by a 5 y/o is not really something to share

jamj1974

FFS. Get over it. Children are part of wider society – as we all are. Why not ban adults of working age from services or locations at certain times, or the elderly, or black people, or Jews, the disabled or any other group… Sounds a bit ridiculous doesn’t it?

Here’s an alternative – let’s try all getting on and tolerating each other… Intolerance is not okay just because it is shown to the young.

piemonster

FFS. Get over it. Children are part of wider society – as we all are. Why not ban adults of working age from services or locations at certain times, or the elderly, or black people, or Jews, the disabled or any other group… Sounds a bit ridiculous doesn’t it?

Here’s an alternative – let’s try all getting on and tolerating each other… Intolerance is not okay just because it is shown to the young.

FFS. Get over it. It’s not a serious debate

jamj1974

Strange because some others seem to be stating things in serious terms… And yes, I understand irony and other forms of humour.

jamj1974

Actually our three are more interesting, less irritating and a whole less selfish and more tolerant than many adults I have met. If you happen to meet them, they are more likely to make you laugh, be concerned about how you are and be truly interested in you. Without reservation I can say that most people who meet them are bloody lucky!

Shame the miserable old cow who bumped into one of them in the coffee shop the other day didn’t realise this…. She knocked into my daughter who was walking to the toilet, spilt some of the drinks on her tray and then raised her voice complaining about my well behaved daughter and my supposed lack of parental control. All this whilst my children were quietly talking amongst themselves or conducting themselves sensibly..

I really dislike some rude, disruptive and negative adults. She was so obnoxious that when I objected quietly but firmly and corrected her on several different points, several people clapped and others congratulated me – including the shop manager… Intolerant people who believe they deserve special treatment and consideration – who needs them.

legend
    Free Member

My mum once said I was cool too 8)

RichPenny
    Free Member

She said the same about me Legend 😀

jfletch
    Free Member

I take it you object to ‘quiet carriages’ on trains?

Objecting to something so trivial would be stupid but they are a truly bizarre concept. I can’t talk on my phone or listen to headphones but I can have a conversation with the person opposite, all in the name of quietness on a train clattering along at 80 mph.

Having said that I’m coming round to the idea of segregating people by the way they annoy others. So far I want…

– separate queues for old people at the post office
    – separate car parks for people who park on one side of the space
    – segregated shopping centres for people with push or wheel chairs
    – segregated pavements based on the speed you walk

This is a great idea!

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Should there be child-free zones on planes and trains?’ is closed to new replies.