Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Should I upgrade to Flickr pro ?
  • It’s $25 a year, or about £15.
    I’m almost up to my 200 photo free limit and it looks like a good deal if I’m going to keep on at this weekly photo challenge. I just thought I’d see if anyone’s got a better suggestion.
    The only alternatives I can think of are to post my pictures on Facebook, and link to them here, or to put the pictures on my own web space.
    £15 a year doesn’t seem to bad for the simplicity of automatic linking and resizing.

druidh
    Free Member

I think it’s a pretty goo deal. The Pro account also lets you organize it all a bit better, with more Sets & Collections.

redthunder
    Free Member

If your with BT you can get pro for free.

😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

Picasa. It’s free for the first 2GB and if you resize to a sensible size (800×600 or whatever) that’s enough for thousands of photos. It’s also much nicer to use and view than flickr.

You can still double post on flickr for your 365, it’s only the old shots which will stop showing.

donsimon
    Free Member

Another free flickr account?
    I had pro and it was fine for organising and the batch uploading made life easy, shame the customer service was crap. For the money it’s excellent.

Thanks 5thElefant.
    I’m trying Picasa, but I can’t get it to work.
    How do I link to a photo ?
    All I get is this…

Edit;
    It doesn’t work in preview, but does work when posted, so that’s OK then.

donsimon
    Free Member

A photo of a bike and train?

footflaps

I think the Pro Account is great value, I have 5 Gb of my best photos all archived for me in multiple server farms stored in original res.

Sunflower

Sussed it now.

I normally preview posts with pictures to make sure I’ve got the size and everything right.
    It seems I can’t do that with Picasa the way I do with Flickr, the picture doesn’t show until I actually post it.

druidh
    Free Member

Preview mode doesn’t like Ampersands

donsimon
    Free Member

I see the first one of the train and but I can’t see the pic in the secon photo! 😕

rOcKeTdOg

Flickr is so user friendly and much more of an online community than picasa and 2gb is nothing if you take a lot of pics. @ £15 (24p a day) it’s not much of a decision

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m inclinded to agree that £15 a year isn’t much. Also, agree with what rocketdog says about the flickr community, it does seem to be used by pros and certainly enthusiasts, with lots of interaction. I was contacted by a few people wanting me to join their group (based on photos I’d put up) or commenting on my photos.
    I reached my 200 photo/vid limit with flickr, but decided I wasn’t bothered about the community, I just wanted to download lots of pics and vid for my family, friends to view and hosting pics for STW etc.
    So, changed to photobucket, who allow lots more downloads before you have to pay anything. I currently have 400+ pics and vids hosted with only 14% of my allowance used so far. Downloading is just as easy as flickr and certainly I’ve compared ‘back to back’ the same video and quality appears just the same as flickr. Also, with photobucket you can arrange into albums and sub albums as you like, free flickr only allowed you 2 or 3 albums IIRC.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Should I upgrade to Flickr pro ?’ is closed to new replies.