Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Should i swap out my boardman for an orange five?
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

People seem to forget Boardman’s past involvement in the Secret Squirrel Club – development of the Olympic bikes. Not sure in the real world if it effects the mountain bike designs but it must have some impact on the high end road bikes and TT machines. If they weren’t sold by spotty teenagers in Halfords relatively cheaply…

– Five 🙂

nwill1
    Free Member

I recently brought a used 2012 Five, I had the choice of keeping two bikes with a few compromises or kit the Five out good and proper…I went for the 2nd option and very pleased. I runs it with 36’s, reverb, hope hoops XT brakes & renthal finishing kit, its awsome. Coming from a Charge Blender which is a 4X type frame and super fun I was worried it might be a little dull but its certainly not.

If I were you I’d sell the Boardman on eBay or the likes as they fetch a good price, its ‘the’ brand for no bikers, put it towards a good build, if you wait for the right deal £1500 should buy you a very nice 2011 maybe 2012 example, get your GF a basic bike 2nd for £100 or so, she probably won’t even tell the difference.

P.S I couldn’t bring myself to sell the Blender frame so soon to be built back up 🙂

catvet
    Free Member

Andy
    Not that expensive, part ex a modest FS full bike for a frameset, selectively found and built up parts from STW, along with scavenged parts removed from the FS prior to sale, can be done. Depends how patient you are and whether you can build a bike up, simple really !!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    For saying “swap out”, I’m afraid to say that I am going to have to kill you. Sorry about that.

I’m with you on that 🙂

andybrad

Well it looks like ill be getting a canyon nerve 6 al+ in the end. It seems to tick all the boxes.

marco
    Free Member

“For saying “swap out”, I’m afraid to say that I am going to have to kill you. Sorry about that”

Sorry, I have to agree

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So you’re all swapping out your phrases now?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Surely the five is more comparable to a zesty rather than a spicy?

GaryLake
    Free Member

More an overlap, Five is also designed to run 36s at 160 and is just as tough as a spicy. Doubt you’d notice the 20mm of rear travel between Five and Spicy that much if built up the same.

Can’t say I’d fancy running a zesty like that, couple of mates on 2nd or 3rd frames riding the south…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

for the OP
    No tapered head tube – out
    27.2 post – out

simple as

andybrad

Ok ok no swapping out then 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Should i swap out my boardman for an orange five?’ is closed to new replies.