Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • should I split or sell whole bike
  • sefton
    Free Member

planet x sl pro (under 500miles)
    ultergra group
    fsa crank
    look keo 2 max
    schwalbe utremos
    fulcrum 7 wheels
    sella slr saddle

would I get more splitting or selling whole?

peterfile
    Free Member

depends how much someone is willing to pay for the whole bike compared to how much people are willing to pay for the parts 🙂

seriously though, try selling whole bike first (MUCH easier), and if it doesn’t sell, go for a split if you can get the frame sold.

sefton
    Free Member

it would be more hassle to build the bike up whole. its parts at present

Rickos
    Free Member

Parcelling up lots of parts and re-advertising and trips to the Post Office can be a right pain. Worth trying to sell whole and then if someone goes for that then build it back up for packaging (so not really a full build). One parcel, one deal, etc. far easier than loads of bits that may take a while to shift completely.

bongo136
    Free Member

I’ll buy the Ultremo’s 😉

sambob
    Free Member

Frame size and price?

cynic-al
    Free Member

def split.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

You’ll always get more selling in parts, but it’s more effort for you. You have to decide whether the money or your time is more precious.

sefton
    Free Member

its easier for me to split.

I think the frames sold – but its a large in raw carbon.

cookeaa

Road STi and cranks seem to command relatively high prices on fleabay probably because they cost a bomb new aftermarket.

you may do well splitting it down to groupset, wheelset and frameset so three parcels to post rather than twenty odd…

sambob
    Free Member

Large is my size, probably out of my current budget though, until I stop spending money on my MTB.

bol

I’d be interested in some of the Ultegra if it’s nice.

piershs
    Free Member

How much for the frame and forks? I am looking for exactly what you have by the sounds of it!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘should I split or sell whole bike’ is closed to new replies.