Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • should I sell my bike????????
  • earl_brutus

help, what would you do>>> ive got a 2001 santacruz bullit that i havent ridden more than twice in the past 3 years, its DH specced with deemax, Maz forks king etc etc but it just aint being used, Im kinda tempted to hold on to it for that elusive trip to the alps i promise to book myself each summer but as ive not been to the alps since 07 is it ever gonna happen?

hora
    Free Member

Well you've reached the point where its not going to loose anymore value IMO so no rush to sell.

Why not adjust the parts slightly so you have a hardcore all-dayer?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

you probably wouldnt get that much for it yet building something new for the alps would cost a wedge of cash!

I'd keep it and take it to a DH track so that if you do go to the Alps you'll know how to ride big terrain properly! 🙂

cookeaa

Unless your going to put the proceeds towards something else keep it, it's a great bike and it's good to have a DH bike for if and when you do get the chance to ride it, plus if you can hold on to it for another 5-6 years it may start to appreciate a bit – those fools on Retro bike will give you a fortune once it passes its 15th birthday…

hora
    Free Member

Thing is. Its a single pivot (renowned) bike. I can't ever see it aging or being 'crap' to use.

Yes there are Weagels or whatever the suspension widget is called etc etc but for DH use whats wrong with the Bullit? If Orange etc etc still churn out single pivots it cant be going to out of fashion can it?

Worse case you'd sell it for a huge loss as a new owner wont have a clue how much its been abused unlike you.

Best case- get it repowered coated, newer shocked sourced from ebay and ride it as a freeride bike.

Sorted 😀

noteeth
    Free Member

hardcore all-dayer

I miss those days.

hora
    Free Member

My Blur 4x hasnt changed in its design since 2004. Thats 6yrs- I don't see it as compromised.

A year doesnt make a bike out of fashion 😀

earl_brutus

to be honest the paintwork is still mint, im second owner but the bike was as new when I picked it up in 04…maybe treat her to a new shock and keeps…

zaskar
    Free Member

What would you us the cash for? new mtb bike? would you ride more?

If its not being used for another summer-get rid of it otherwise you're just hoarding it.

I've scaled down as I move around alot 1 mtb, 1 hack bike and 2 road bikes. I was going to sell the mtb but to get the same quality and spec I would have to spend £2000 min. I would get bugger all for it on classifieds. Pals talked me into keeping it.

Make a choice-ride it or sell the space taking thing.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Not much point selling, you won't get much for it, components have moved on so much since 2001. Renew some bits, lighten it up a bit, stop whining, MTFU (as they say here frequently) and hit the trail centres!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘should I sell my bike????????’ is closed to new replies.