Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • should i go on my GF’s sister’s fella’s stag night….?
  • sc-xc

alpin – Member

my aunt is one of the top five mid-wives in the UK. her region is the south-east. she deals with every thing mid-wifey that goes on. she said to my GF and not to have our kids in the UK when the time comes.

she says the facilities and care given are not those of a developed country such as briatin.

sorry akira and others that are expecting but it’s kinda how it is. obviously doesn’t mean all UK maternity wards are the same.

alpin
    Free Member

obviously made an impact on you then sx-cc….?

still suppose it is a little late and you’ve not much better to do.

have a lolly pop!

sc-xc

I’ll have a pretend lollipop, cheers!

(your pretend auntie gave it to me….)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

no no, she’s real.

and a mid wife.

and one of five who deal with the same stuff in the country. can’t remember the job title. i can find out if you want.

but she is real.

sc-xc

no worries buddy, been a long day and I’m being an arsehole.

johnhoo
    Free Member

I didn’t have a stag do. couldn’t be arsed.

best way 😉

BUT
    The guy may well become your BIL. It pays to keep onside with people in his position.
    140 euros. You’d think nothing of spending that on bike bits. Do the guy a favour, go, and enjoy it.

Pook

i’m in a similar situation. Best man asked me for advice on what to do, where to go etc. I suggested a day canyoning (white water rafting with no raft), then a few beers in the local town, probably in north wales.

We’re now going to Nottingham (just down the road) cos it has a hooters.

But it’s not my stag do, and I’ve been invited. Quite an honour.

I’d rather spend my cash elsewhere yes, but my mate’s only getting married once and he’s only having his stag do once.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooer…Nottingham..wouldn’t be anything to do with the urban myth about the mahoosive female:male ratio now would it?

Pook

no it’s cos a lot of the stag’s family who are coming can’t be arsed to go very far.

They live in sodding worksop.

bruneep

hora
    Free Member

Go and you might make a couple of good friendships with blokes you only knew of or nodded to before. You never know. It will only be a grinding ‘experience’ if you go along grudgingly and treat it like a chore. get in the mindset that it’ll be a fun night regardless and you’ll wake up smiling the next day. I’ve been on a few stagdoos and one was bloody painful and strenuous yet the best. Banger racing/over-excitable paintballing (shooting people on the same team in the back/aiming for the head etc), nightclub then sleeping in a barn (with birds coming in and out all night).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

no it’s cos a lot of the stag’s family who are coming can’t be arsed to go very far.

Jeez, sounds like an adventurous bunch of feckers…an opportunity to go away somewhere different for a weekend, and they all the way to Nottingham.

sleeping in a barn (with birds coming in and out all night)

Sounds reasonably successful then hora…you wouldn’t have had a problem with all those birds given your legendary sex drive

You only live once.

Last stag do I went on last year was ace. 4X race in Warsaw followed by 2 nights on the town. Didn’t know half of the people on the “do” when I arrived, but got to know them and they were top lads.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Compromise, and go out with them to the first bar, make a point of getting the first round in and then make your polite departure once the glass is empty.

That way, you’ll have recognised his big night, contributed to everyone’s beer bank, maintained some control over your reputation and be free to spend time with the GF!

What more could you do to provide a solution?

Gary_M
    Free Member

i’d much rather they organised a weekend away up in the hills skiing and boarding. it’d cost about the same (less infact) than what they have proposed. at least you’d have had fun, been able to talk to your mates etc…

Is it your stag do – no, so why would they do things to suit you? I fail to see the issue, if you don’t want to go then don’t. I wouldn’t fancy it but each to their own.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘should i go on my GF’s sister’s fella’s stag night….?’ is closed to new replies.