Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • should i go on my GF’s sister’s fella’s stag night….?
  • alpin
    Free Member

have been invited to my GF’s sister’s fella’s (every one get that?) stag do. crazy really. been with the GF for almost seven (7!) years and in no rush to get hitched. they’ve been knobbing for around 18 months. her old man is paying for everything (typical). there’ll be less €€’s in the pot for us. not that we intend anything on the scale that has already been planned.

why do people have this amazing idea to go out and get completely shitfaced, go to a strip bar and end up with a steaming hangover and no recollection of the night?

i was out last friday and got royally pissed, got chucked out of an irish pub by the australian barman because he didn’t understand me when i ordered in german (i am in germany so not as if i was taking the piss), went to some shitty clubs and oogled the birds gyrating away. went home and woke up the next day with a splitting headache vowing not to repeat the exercise anytime soon.

i’d much rather they organised a weekend away up in the hills skiing and boarding. it’d cost about the same (less infact) than what they have proposed. at least you’d have had fun, been able to talk to your mates etc…

really don’t get the whole stripshow thing either. we’re going to a “tittenbar”. they’ve even put an exclamation mark behind the ‘r’ in the itinery that some one has drawn up. the bar is called “new york tabledance”. sounds crap and like most tit clubs it probalbly is.

i can look at tits at home with the girlfriend.

oh yeah, there’s even a proper itinery. how long we are to stay in each ‘establishment’, how much a taxi will cost between bars (or as they are labelled “stations”). 17.00 on 28th feb till 14.00 the following day.

i really can’t be arsed spending ~€140 on one night. i could pay two weeks rent, have four days boarding in the alps, buy a new front wheel etc etc….

arse.

mogrim

why do people have this amazing idea to go out and get completely shitfaced, go to a strip bar and end up with a steaming hangover and no recollection of the night?

I fail to see the problem with this plan…

jam-bo

don’t go then

alpin
    Free Member

it’s just like almost every other night out with the lads.

not as if once he’s married he’ll never touch a drop of alcohol and get shitfaced….

more likely he’ll have less time for boys holidays and the like.

bruneep

What jam bo said, don’t go if you don’t want to.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

€140 on one night. i could pay two weeks rent

😯

twohats
    Free Member

I’ll go in your place, if that’s all right`?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go, did my fair share of that when I was in my early 20s. Matured a little now. We hoon about in cars on tracks these days, followed by a civilised meal, then back to the house for evening beers.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

why ask on here – make your own mind up ya steaming poof!

grumm
    Free Member

Most stag do’s are rubbish – ppl have no imagination. Strip bars are fairly depressing places imo.

Rudeboy – 140 euros would pay my mortgage for nearly 3 weeks, but then I don’t get to live in London with its world famous mountain biking 😉

alpin
    Free Member

average rent round here is 300-400€/month.

coffeking, i’d rather something similar to what you propose. i’m 26. they’re early thirties. i think i may be the only one to have ever tried proper drugs from this group. sometimes i think i’m too mature for my age, but i’m not. i’m a complete dick most of the time.

best strip bar i’ve been to is brown’s in the east end. pussy for a pound. you know what you’re there for…..

roper
    Free Member

i can look at tits at home with the girlfriend.

Going to elaborate?

andym
    Free Member

Save the money for a keyboard with a shift key.

alpin
    Free Member

admittedly only her tits but i can touch them and everything and i don’t go to sleep that night with the horn…..

alpin
    Free Member

HahAHhadHAHahahaHhAHaahahhHAaHAHhaAhHHh

shift key works.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

some guys from work went to a srip bar over the weekend, got shitfaced and drank champagne (nothing usnusal in the last two for a night out)

cost them £100 an hour

EACH

and they were there for 5 hours!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeez dude, sounds like you’ve already made your mind up and decided we’d all like to hear of your self-righteousness.

I agree, titty-bars are singularly depressing places – somebody’s obviously sticking to “tradition” a little too much.

Sounds like you’d be a bit of a damp squib on the evening, so, don’t bloody go then.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

E140 for 2 weeks rent? where do you live, a cave?

(Joking, i live in Reading, i wish i was in a cave)

alpin
    Free Member

you’re right. kinda have made up my mind as to going but the Q in the back of my head is should i go. he’s going to be my bro-in-law sometime soon assuming they don’t split within the next few years….

karma and that crap

alpin
    Free Member

currently in munich. was paying till reently €240/month sharing a flta with 70sq/m on the edge of the alps.

life in germany is cheap(er) (if you don’t pay tax, 3rd party insurance, health insurance, church tax, dog tax……)

hora
    Free Member

Relax alittle, go and make the fellas night a happy one. If your moody/cant be assed etc then dont go. TBH its abit of an honour to invite someone on one. You DONT have to get sh8tfaced- why not look after him for the night? Will buy you loads of brownie points as well.

grumm
    Free Member

Having a strict itinerary for a night out hardly sounds like a recipe for fun and in fact sounds like borderline OCD behaviour.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hear what you’re saying grumm but have you ever seen the damage that group dynamics does to a bunch of lads on a stag-do? In my experience, it’s best to have a fairly strict plan with a little flexibility to avoid the wandering around, losing people etc It’s best if the Best Man (or whoever’s organising) doesn’t go treating it like a democracy. “You’re doing this and you’re doing it now” works best on a stag do.

slimtubing
    Free Member

I have been in this position at a friend of a friend’s stag do; I mulled over not going because of the impact on my tiny income. I went, didn’t drink that much, ignored the epically skanky strippers and probably looked like a miserable killjoy to every one else involved. Don’t be that guy! You have the choice to decline gratefully with any amount of reasons. Do so and everyone enjoys the night.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve been there slimtubing…years ago, got taken to a strip-bar in the US by a work colleague. Obviously this was the done thing for guys visiting from the UK…tried polite refusal, but he mistook that for “thanks but I feel I should politely refuse even though I really want to go, so go on mate, force me into it.” He bought me a dance and I swear, I felt worthless. Here’s this gorgeous (little bit too much make up though…lol) girl writhing all over me – I really didn’t know where to look, I felt that awkward and sad- then she wriggles up, puts her lips right up to my ear…I’m thinking, this is getting interesting…what’s going on…and she says “Honey, it’s ok to smile you know”.

I got my coat!

alpin
    Free Member

slim, that’s not how i want to end up. killjoy.

besides, i don’t think i’ve got the stamina for a 14 hour session. maybe i can pick and choose what to do….

Nico
    Free Member

Having a strict itinerary for a night out hardly sounds like a recipe for fun and in fact sounds like borderline OCD behaviour.

We are talking Germans.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Here’s an idea: Ring up just before the meeting time, and claim you’ve got the sh1ts. Better still, get your gelf to ‘phone up, and groan in the back ground, maybe chucking some porridge down the loo for sound effects.

That way, he’ll just feel sorry for you, and not get pissed off with you, and you get to stay at home and look at your gelf’s

needlework collection.

alpin
    Free Member

i love needles

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Blimey you sound like a right laugh! Do em a favour and not go if I was you misery guts.

Drac

So you’d much rather the stag, his best man and his mates did what you want to do for his stag do. I think it’s best you don’t go.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

best strip bar i’ve been to is brown’s in the east end. pussy for a pound. you know what you’re there for…..

…..A pretty mediocre strip bar (and that’s being generous). Clearly you’ve been to some very bad ones if that’s your preference.

alpin
    Free Member

not neccessarily a misery guts, just not a beer monster. nir5 is the groom for that matter but has been arranged by his best man.

incidently, talking to the GF her sister’s hen night follows a pattern very similar to ours. in fact they are even going to the same strip club. turns out there is a his and hers side….

sounds pants, sorry

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

As I said if you are not going to enjoy it dont go. Sure they would rather you didnt if your not gonna have a good time.

alpin
    Free Member

http://www.newyorktabledance.de/gallery.html

loo how much fun they are having!!!

sc-xc

my aunt is one of the top five stag night organisers in the UK. she deals with every thing stag-nighty that goes on. she said to my best man and groom not to have their stag night in the UK when the time comes.

alpin
    Free Member

Result!

just spoke to GF and we’ve already got her best mates party on the same night.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, why didn’t you check before you posted???

thomthumb
    Free Member

those strippers are ropey!!

grumm
    Free Member

she said to my best man and groom not to have their stag night in the UK when the time comes.

Why’s that then – the pros are cheaper in Eastern Europe?

People slagging off the OP for being a spoilsport, the thing is, I bet they would have a more fun/interesting/memorable time if they went off and did something like snowboarding, biking, white water rafting or climbing, and stayed in a nice place in the countryside.

There is just this herd mentality that you automatically have to have strippers, and get horribly pissed, and maybe if you are really adventurous go paintballing. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘should i go on my GF’s sister’s fella’s stag night….?’ is closed to new replies.