Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Should I get my hair cut?
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I have a hair appointment booked for 10.30 tomorrow as I’ve developed a bit of a wig. Thing is I quite like it longer, but it’s getting a bit ‘big’ and so could do with some thinning out whilst retaining the length.

The other thing is the appointment is with Amelia and she isn’t the best, but quite often (wo)mans the phones so I feel bad phoning her up to say I want someone else and she’ll be there when I go in.

Please advise.

Thanks.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Never – your hair is your aerials 🙂

racefaceec90

my hair reaches my shoulders,but i just cannot swallow paying £10 to get it cut (bloody extortion i tells ya 😡 considering that devizes has at the last count 15,000 hairdressers/but no decent music shop 🙁

patriotpro
    Free Member

You’ve got to be a southerner with a post starting –

I have a hair appointment booked for 10.30

nbt

I’ll be round at 8pm tonight with the clippers to give you a number 1 all over. 4 pack of stella is all I’ll need

Cougar

The other thing is the appointment is with Amelia and she isn’t the best, but quite often (wo)mans the phones so I feel bad phoning her up to say I want someone else and she’ll be there when I go in.

Do you really need to be told to MTFU in front of a hairdresser? Have a word with yourself.

In seriousness; on the rare occasions where I have mine done, they always ask who I normally see. I’ve been to two different places most recently(*) and they’ve both asked that. If they don’t, just say when you book it, “I’d like an appointment on Friday with (name) please.”

(* – in the last twenty years)

BigJohn

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4YpqRPLIWc[/video]

nealglover
    Free Member

This isnt really a poss take, but I honestly had no idea that men made hair “appointments”

I though we just went and sat down and waited till it was our turn in the chair.

Every day’s a school day !

rocketman
    Free Member

I have a hair appointment booked for 10.30 tomorrow

😐

DezB
    Free Member

Jeez, you’ll be confessing to STW that you use a safety razor next.

Woody
    Free Member

This isnt really a poss take, but I honestly had no idea that men made hair “appointments”

My hairdresser will be visiting at 5pm as I’m not working today.

but i just cannot swallow paying £10 to get it cut

I fear mine will cost considerably more than that as she will insist on being repaid with a visit to the Champagne Bar in Durham immediately afterwards 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Get it styled liek Zac Efron, you’ll be loved by Wiminz..

Like I amz.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I thought we just went and sat down and waited till it was our turn in the chair.

yep

dribbling
    Free Member

Was the OP actually serious?….

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Can men go to hairdressers? I had no idea.

binners

Well…. to be honest… with the facial hair and that, you had started looking a bit…erm…. well…. you know…. a bit…..

alfabus
    Free Member

I haven’t been to a barber for 11 years. bought some clippers in 2001 and just do it myself every few months.

should probably do it more often, as it does get a bit shaggy in between, but I’m fine with that as I have never had to be involved in anything as effeminate as the OP.

Dave

dknwhy

I think there are two types of men in this world- those that have a hair style and those that have a hair cut (okay, you can argue three types if you include baldies).

For those that have hair styles – do they also give you an alcopop when you sit down in the chair?

“and would sir like some MTFU with that hair style?”

redthunder
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NeBfY6U4n8[/video]

Aristotle
    Free Member

Champagne Bar in Durham

Durham must have changed since my day….

binners

In your day it was retiring to the Gentleman’s club to recline in your leather wingback armchair, brandy in one hand, cigar in the order, regaling your friends with tall tales….

😉

Aristotle
    Free Member

binners – Member

In your day it was retiring to the Gentleman’s club to recline in your leather wingback armchair, brandy in one hand, cigar in the order, regaling your friends with tall tales….

How do you know about that?

They were the days before I had a Binners’ style haircut.

Bunnyhop

Blimey binners that photo way up there is Papa_Lazarou’s doppleganger.

Just grow it long, you never know when it may start falling out.

Bunnyhop

Which one is Papa?

stox
    Free Member

Familiar?

stanley

Perm 🙂

labsey
    Free Member

Yes.

seadog101

Thankfully my local tonsorialist charges but £5 for a turn up and be sheared special.

As My hair passes very quickly from too short thuggish fuzz to something decent to buffont blob in a matter of minutes I need trimming often.

NO, my own clippers are not the answer, that has been proved as a category fail event

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Should I get my hair cut?’ is closed to new replies.