Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Should I be worried?
  • franksinatra

I joined in a thread a while ago having a laugh at some ebay items which looked slightly 'suspect',

I got this message via ebay from the seller.

re: user id franksinatra.
    I understand that public comments which state that I sell stolen property have been made by the above mentioned id.These comments are completely untrue and my solicitors state that they are taking legal action with a view to damages. My solicitors have sent an information request to the site to which they have been posted

At first I just had a good laugh but the only thing that bugs me is that I have totally different user id's on STW and ebay, so how was the link made? The original thread seems to have been deleted.

RealMan
    Free Member

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I'd put the kettle on, FBI will probably want a cup of tea when they arrive.

😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sounds like a wind up to me – even if its a legit gripe I bet he/she hasn't got a solicitor – Also there is the issue of data protection – They can't just give out your details without a court order/police investigation?

BTW STW posts are quickly added to google so if they smelt something fishy or if ebay was sent an email from the STW massive perhaps he/she did a google?

goog
    Free Member

I'd leave the country if I were you.

franksinatra

How do you reckon he has linked the two user id's?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Suicide ?

RealMan
    Free Member

I'd leave the country if I were you.

Suicide ?

😀

crispybacon
    Free Member

Somebody is watching you ………….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don't think he has linked the two IDs – just anyone who questions him gets that message if he thinks they might be Franksinatra

foxyrider
    Free Member

Must have looked into your history perhaps and got the email? are they the same contact email? He/she may have got the email a while ago and then the post deleted?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Mmmwwwhhhaaahhhaaa. Your going to get sued for ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

scaredypants

Did you post something on here saying "I just asked him…." ?

zaskar
    Free Member

If you do something-think of the consequences?

I wouldn't worry until you get a summons.

franksinatra

did anyone else get a message from the seller? It was quite a popular thread about two weeks ago involving a mountain bike, possibly titanium but seller not sure, Ford stereos without codes and Rolls Royce hub caps?!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, I remember that one. I think I posted. Didn't get an email though.

Of course, I write this from prison. I couldn't afford the ONE BILLION DOLLARS, so they just locked me up instead.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Ask him to prove that he doesn't sell stolen goods. You should also ask if he can quantify how much money he has lost by people taking heed of your flippant comments. Then sue the bar steward for the emotional trauma caused by his threats 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh dear oh dear …..

the last thing he would be told to do by a solicitor is email you making threats like that.

Does he have any other form of contact other than your email address ?

Nigerian scammers also have this point of contact ….

robhughes
    Free Member

thats it.marked for life.

theboatman
    Free Member

How do you reckon he has linked the two user id's?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Should I be worried?’ is closed to new replies.