• This topic has 23 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Should I ask for compensation?
  • genghispod
    Free Member

Nearly two weeks ago I cut my elbow on the tiles in the showers at my local swimming pool. I noticed whilst entering the showers that a round hole about 4 inches across was in the tiled wall where someone had removed the shower control button, leaving a sharp edge. I thought at the time "that's a bit dodgy, someone could cut them selves on that".

Two minutes later my six-year-old daughter who I had taken swimming decided that my shower was hotter than hers and playfully pushed me backwards to take my place; as I was unbalanced I put out my arms and caught mt left elbow on the edge of the tiled hole, ending up with a 2 inch cut which has almost healed now but is still sore.

Not going to be stupid and ring Accident Helpline, but would suggesting a year's free membership as a goodwill gesture be unethical? Discuss. (If you have nothing else to do!)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sue your own child? Harsh IMO

Smee
    Free Member

Pulls up a chair and waits for the lynching to start.

Strawberry Beer – yum yum.

crikey
    Free Member

I fell off my bike earlier in the year and have successfully sued myself.

Give over, it's a cut arm.

djglover
    Free Member

has to be a troll

mk1fan
    Free Member

Agree with TJ. Ethically and morally, you should sue the person resonsible for causing the accident. Your daughter's actions led to the injury. As she is too young to be responsible for her actions then her parents are responsible. As it would be ridiculous to sue yourself, then sue the mother of your daughter.

Smee
    Free Member

If it was a troll they'd be suing for splinters gained through rubbing against the bridge.

chvck
    Free Member

mmmm bridge rubbing

lyons
    Free Member

actually, i think the swimming pool would be held liable, or more likely the contractor. But you could you proove anything? did you tell any staff at the time?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Sorry! 😯 you cut your elbow in hole where a knob should be! 😯

mk1fan
    Free Member

actually, it's more likely that the swimming pool would be sued because they have deep pockets.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i wouldn't have thought they or any court would deem a cut arm as damages worth awarding compensation for, to be honest 😆

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Yep sue their @rses of. It could have easily been your daughter or any other poor innocent child that received severe lacerations. It has obviously effected you deeply and you are almost definitely suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (make sure you perfect your middle distance stare for the visit to the quacks).

AlasdairMc

Is there scarring? If not, get over it and continue with life.

If there's a scar, put it down to experience and refer to above answer

Jamie
    Free Member

I would sue. Don't worry about making waves, I am sure the whoever is responsible can pool their resources and compensate you. Just don't splash out on any lawyers, just dive right in and let them know what you want.

IGMC

bananaworld
    Free Member

Yeah, and make sure you get a petition going.

stompy

Sue??? for a little cut on your arm?? Man up and get on with it.

Life is full of little hazards my friend. If you don't like it and are a little bit scared maybe you should go back to mummy so she can wrap you up in cotton wool and give you a cuddle.

😀

juan
    Free Member

El presidente

Rochey
    Free Member

Mate have you ever heard of a accident!!!

deepreddave
    Free Member

Tell the pool staff so that they can get it repaired and avoid further injuries to others. End of.

allthepies
    Free Member

What exactly do you need compensating for ?

grumm
    Free Member

I grazed my knee at a trail centre once – they had put some kind of small rocks in the way of the path for some reason. I successfully sued the foresty commission and had the place shut down. Yay!

ski
    Free Member

My 6 year old daughter showers in her own shower cubicle, this I find helps her to stop any random, unprovoked and deliberate acts of violence she would like to inflict on me 😉

DrP

DO the right thing and report it, but what the chuff would you sue for?
    Loss of elbow modelling income?

DrP

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Should I ask for compensation?’ is closed to new replies.