Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Should I act? Unbelievably bizarre accusation…
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Friday morning male neighbour (50ish) knocks on the door of and elderly lady (widowed and living alone ) I have been doing some work for and says with a stern face, so definately not happy, I need to talk to you about something. She says ok, he says that he can’t now but will come over 6pm in the evenening. She says can you not tell me now and he says no but don’ worry it’ not about Lily ( her little dog ). She does though spend  most of the day worrying what she might of done to upset her neighbours of 12 years..

About 6 30pm I get a text from her saying she needs to talk to me. When I phone her up she is upset and explains the situation & that her neighbour has come over to speak to her. It’s about their cat..it’s gone missing again. They have thought long and hard about it and I… me.. have picked their cat up, thrown it in my van and taken it somewhere. When it went missing at the beginning of the month they believe I threw it in my van and drove it to the industrial estate where I dumped it. Because it found it’s way back I have now taken it somehere where it can’t find it’s way back or I have done worse to it. What the …….? At the time I laughed so hard as it’ so absurd but I can’ help thinking I should act..

How would you feel about the accusations if they were aimed at you?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Speak to them and ask them why they think that. No agro. Probably defuse the situation with a friendly chat and expressing concern that she’s upset about it.

dannyh
    Free Member

Don’t be a pussy?

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’d feel they are eejits, but would have to bear in mind some people are anxious/stupid, so would have to cut them some slack instead of pointing/laughing and telling them to **** off.

I would, however, be a prime candidate if they were aware of my history of becoming friends with any cat that wanders into my garden and steathily adding them to my moggy family 🤗🤗

#notallmadcatladiesarefemale

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bemused mostly.

Sounds like they’ve dehumanised you as “that nutter up the road” and every small, normal act they’ve witnessed has become part of some terrible plan.

My Mum does it. New neighbors moved in 6 years ago. They didn’t introduce themselves nor did my parents, this weird distrust seemed to grow from nowhere and all sorts of mad theories came about, involving dodgy builders and sunbeds mostly. Finally they moved on and new people moved in. They popped over and said hello, made them ‘human’ – they’ve never spoken again, but they’re ‘lovely’.

jam-bo

Let the cat out of the bag?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d just accept I’d been rumbled and hand the cat back.

roper
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to know why. Curiosity is a killer you know.

dannyh
    Free Member

Maybe they’re concerned about your doing work for the old dear and are concerned you are going to Cheetah out of her savings?

tymbian
    Free Member

They’e not my neighbour but the neighbour of someone i work for sometimes. They won’t talk to me about it. Apparently the wife is so upset by it that if she talks to me about it she might lash out… had to laugh at that too.

senorj

Next time you visit,get out of the van nonchalantly eating a kit kat.

fasthaggis

Get a sticker for the van ..NO TOOLS OR CATS LEFT IN THIS VEHICLE OVERNIGHT..

Sorted  😉

csb

Get some signs made for the van, ‘acme stray control and furriers’.

csb

Damn you fasthaggis.

tymbian
    Free Member

Fasthaggis..That’s genius

Googles Stickers are us.

tdog
    Free Member

I’d say you need a pet solicitor to sort it out.

CountZero

The owner’s name isn’t Schrödinger, by any chance?

Klunk
    Free Member

jamj1974

The owner’s name isn’t Schrödinger, by any chance?

Maybe or maybe not.  Actually both, at least until they open the door.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Do you have any clients with a similar cat you could replace it with?

bearnecessities

Cougar

I’m confused.  Who’s making the accusation, him or her?

maxtorque

btw, Garfield was ace wasn’t he!  😉

cranberry
    Free Member

I’d categorically deny the accusation.

tymbian
    Free Member

He, my customer’s neighbour accusing me to my customer.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You must have hurt their felines

trail_rat
    Free Member

and is there even the slightest thin sliver of credibility behind this accusation ie did one of them see this take place , have a photo , have CCTV or even have a friend who saw it ?

if not … very good but if thats what you think of my services then perhaps i shall reserve them for someone who respects my work.

oldnpastit

Dispose of them the same way you got rid of the cat?

trail_rat
    Free Member

what with a d cell maglite ? 😀

peterno51

What with a d cell maglite ?

Moglite shirley?

Cougar

He, my customer’s neighbour accusing me to my customer.

So he’s your neighbour and also her neighbour but she’s not yours?

Cougar

Is this the allotment thread again?

senorj

😉

bearnecessities

I should add that I’m also totally confused. I have an allotment too, but no boundary issues.

BillMC

Catastrophic

martinhutch

Do you happen to look like this gentleman?

kimbers

Id just start strutting around the neighborhood in a fine cat pelt cape

bomberman
    Free Member

This could end in catastophe

Jamie
    Free Member

stevied
    Free Member

Is this your vehicle?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Should I act? Unbelievably bizarre accusation…’ is closed to new replies.