Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Should Hi -viz tabards be made compulsory for cyclists
  • aracer
    Free Member

Pedal reflectors? i think they are a huge help as they really really stand out and can’t be confused for anything but a cylist.

Don’t have them (except on the uni, where I don’t think they’re a legal requirement 😉 ), as the things you get with SPDs stop you using the SPDs properly – however my bike shoes all have retroreflective heels which is surely just as good?

Northwind

nickc – Member

the creeping opinion that suggests that victims of crime are somehow partly responsible if they don’t take “measures” is a problem in our society.

Perhaps. But perhaps failing to see a stealthed-out cyclist with only a wee single-LED light they got out of a cracker fitted isn’t a crime.

Coleman
    Free Member

Only for peeps that insist on wearing baggies, camelbacks and peeks as they are clearly uncomfortable with their surroundings and should be positively identified as potential hazards!

crazy-legs

Yes, all cyclists should wear hi-viz.

And while we’re at it, perhaps all pedestrians should wear hi viz too. And helmets in case they trip over. And cars should probably have more hi-viz on them too.

And trees and lamp-posts cos they hurt lots when you hit them so they should be easy to see as well.

And it’ll no doubt be enforced by the police who have obviously enforced the rules of the road and pulled over the dozens of drivers I see each day who are on the phone or who jump lights or cut up other road users or drive uninsured cars. Now they’ve dealt with all those miscreants, they’re probably a bit bored and looking for something else to enforce…

Northwind

TBH, considering how many people ride with no lights, adding another legal requirement that everyone would ignore probably isn’t the way to go.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Should Hi -viz tabards be made compulsory for cyclists’ is closed to new replies.