Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Should be comedy gold…Apprentice design E-Bikes
  • Ambrose

Will the orders actually be built/ fulfilled?

Drac

No, they’re not proper orders.

Still watching as Mrs has been on the phone which involves shouting down it, so no point on changing over.

fooman

Probably explains why everyone is making e-bikes
    ebike

rascal
    Free Member

As predicted, a total bunch of clueless tards. What was far less predictable was that people would actually buy them!

Drac

What was far less predictable was that people would actually buy them!

if they’d been a real product I’d very much doubt they’d got any orders.

phil5556

Haven’t watched the apprentice for a few years, it’s even more cringeworthy than I remember.

Did they used to make products and actually sell them or has it always been for show?

Presumably they were frames that Raleigh already sell and they just chose the colours and terrible names.

pondo

I saw the bit where they said “sell for X quid” – did I miss the bit where they worked out margins?

Drac

Always been for show.

phil5556

Always been for show.

I’m sure it at least used to appear more realistic. That was just awful.

And I’m sure they used to discuss margin too.

pondo

And before I forget, WTF are “folding pedals”?

kelvin

Pedals you can fold.

pondo

Wow – every day’s a school day!

RustyNissanPrairie

In guessing it involved thumbing through Raleigh’s catalogue and rebranding/changing the colour rather than designing a bike from scratch. Why the blue folder team didn’t use a better colour than ‘industrial machinery blue’ and stick a wicker basket on the front ala Pashley?

The bishbashbosh guy designed an ebike version of an On-One bishbashbosh

binners

I did love the guy getting all indignant about the red wheels, saying he preferred white. Like that would have somehow improved matters. Like most peoples decision making process when buying a bike is ‘hmmmmmmm… burnt orange with red wheels, or burnt orange with white wheels’

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I lasted 5 minutes fast forwarding on YouTube just now. Bleurgh!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The other team with their garish lycra – it’s a showpiece thing that you put out to gain a bit of attetion for your brand,

i quite like the supacaz gear

https://supacaz.com/category/apparel/

cheers_drive

The Supacaz stuff always looks like it’s straight out of a Chinese catalogue but with a garish finish and crap logo. And a premium price tag.
    Isn’t the guy who runs it the son of the Specialized founder?

pondo

Until this episode, I’d never really appreciated the vast gulf between what they have to do and what they have the slightest clue about (and I say that from the point of view of someone who’d never heard of folding pedals).

oikeith

I liked in the boardroom when the cockney geezer said people would drive the bicycle

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Should be comedy gold…Apprentice design E-Bikes’ is closed to new replies.