• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by luket.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Shorts for short people
  • Rscott
    Free Member

Soim in the market for some new shorts and keep finding my self buying budget shorts that just dont last long,I do this as im short, and struggle to find shorts that arent irritatingly long.

im 5 foot 7 and wear 34ich trousers, (Im not skinny but im also not fat) all the shortsi seem to try come down past my knees whitch i cant stand,

has anyone found a make of short that comeup short in the leg.

thanks

mattsccm
    Free Member

Doubt it. I am the same height and I find that everything is just silly trendy for the lanky riders.

aP
    Free Member

Just turn the bottoms up.

scotroutes

I have some Specialized shorts that would be just what you’re after (I suffer from the same problem). Can’t recall the model name though

tang
    Free Member

Endura singletrack were always short on me(lanky ish)

svalgis
    Free Member

+1 on Singletrack II, seemed unusually short to me (which was a con for me but there you go). Great shorts too.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Madison shorts aren’t as long as I’d like (5’9″), worth a look?

Jossie

Rapha touring shorts for me, not cheap but very comfy and work well with bibs or liner shorts. I’m 5’8″ but have short legs as a guide.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Try being 5’6″ with a 29″ inside leg. 😥

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

+ 1 essel

But don’t worry to much about the length in my experience if your shorter than most you need to wear something more fitted.
    Singletrack are good and also endura mbr, and some of the royal, sombrio stuff also fits better on me.

Stupid thing with most brands is that length stays the same with size, ie xxxl can be the same length as xs

I Think altura is one of the only brands that actually go down in length with size.
    Their 3/4 actually almost fit me

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Almost every pair of shorts rather than 3/4 types are too long. I wasn’t in the navy but I want to see my knees! odd I know but the sight of those ‘shorts’ worn with white trainers and socks so that you can just see 5 inches of hairy pasty leg are horrific. Most of my shorts are taken up, either by the professional or by me. Either way at 5’7 I find shopping for them almost impossible.

Rscott
    Free Member

My last couple of pairs were dare2B mooched and 3 in ones but they have gone up to a rediculous price of product thats ok but not exceent quality. Great fit though.

I was just looking for something a little more technical. Single tracks seemto be the way to go by the looks of it.

luket

5’6″ and a 29″ leg here too. I also use the singletracks but they’re still a bit long for me. I have some Fox ones which are slightly shorter but the writing’s all rubbed off the label so I can’t tell you what they are.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Shorts for short people’ is closed to new replies.