Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shortest stem
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

Was wondering what is the shortest stem available in the UK preferably with a bit of rise I was thinking of something like 25-30mm. The Shortest I have found is 35mm with no rise.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Mondraker have a stem that mounts directly on the top of the steerer.

Edit: found a thread about them on here …
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mondrakers-centre-stem

jam-bo

azonic did a zero length stem about 15 yrs ago.

brant
    Free Member

You could just turn a normal stem round and have it pointing towards you instead of away.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You could just turn a normal stem round and have it pointing towards you instead of away.

Then run them it with these bars;

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Well as you decided to chip in this would actually be for an El Guapo V3 frame and that 35mm stem I mentioned is the On One El Guapo do they go together well?

cookeaa

In theory the shortest you could ,make a conventional stem is 28mm half that’s the radius of a 28.6mm steerer plus the radius of a 25.4 bar pluses 1mm so they don’t clash, 31.3 with an oversized bar.

Or you can go for old school silly stack height:

dantsw13

The Old style Spank Spike is 35mm with a pretty good rise.

brant
    Free Member

Well as you decided to chip in this would actually be for an El Guapo V3 frame and that 35mm stem I mentioned is the On One El Guapo do they go together well?

Designed to. Lovely combo with wide bars.

tomhoward

Why the need for such a short stem? Do you have T Rex arms?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Well there are a couple of reasons I recently went from narrow bar 600mm and long stem 100mm to a more modern 700mm bar and 60mm stem it made a real difference. However I’m about to get a new frame and as I’m looking to get the large it will have a little longer tt/reach than I have now so hopefully a nice short stem will work. The other thing is that I think it is at least worth giving it a go to see how it feels.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shortest stem’ is closed to new replies.