Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shortening 150mm Rev RCT3 2012 dual position
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

I’ve got a 150/130 dual position revelation but have recently changed my frame (Piglet 2) and the recommendation for an external cup is 120/130. Before the obvious is stated the fork behaves differently in short mode so I’ll not just be riding it dropped all the time.

I’ve heard/read that it’s no longer as simple as adding a spacer due to there being specific sized cartridges for different amounts of travel. Anyone able to confirm this or shed light on what’s involved?

There’s always just getting on and riding it, the Piglet 2 is fine with 150mm and an internal cup so it’s just an external cup longer than it should be. The fork’s tapered so an internal cup is not an option.

So; storm in a teacup or ride/frame compromising mis-match?

Cheers :mrgreen:

nuke

I’ve heard/read that it’s no longer as simple as adding a spacer due to there being specific sized cartridges for different amounts of travel.

Thats right for 2013 forks or later but it was never possible to space down dual-position forks.

I’d go with your suggestion of getting on and riding it 😀

warpcow
    Free Member

Aye, get on, ride it. Changing the spring is still and option for the future, and at least you’ll have an idea of the geometry at 120mm with the DP.

chiefgrooveguru

If you’re fine with how it feels then I’d just ride it as is – it’s not like you’re going to put anywhere near as much leverage through the headtube as a heavier rider would on a shorter fork (HS is skinny compared to me and I’m not exactly large!) How does the Piglet 2 compare to the BPX then?

HermanShake
    Free Member

I figured my whippetiness would go in my favour for head tube stress, I’m waiting on a seatpost shim so haven’t thrashed it yet. It’s an 18″ rather a 17″ so longer with a bigger front triangle. I’ve embraced the wide open spaces of the Peak and stuck some bigger bars and a shorter stem on so it should be a whole load of differences to decipher. What FS did you get in the end Al?

Cheers for the responses guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shortening 150mm Rev RCT3 2012 dual position’ is closed to new replies.