Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Short travel droppers
  • legometeorology
    Free Member

Think I’d like to try a dropper on my gravel (i.e. adventure/all-road/insert-your-term-here) bike.

Unfortunately even my 100mm travel Gravity Dropper is too long though…

Are there any 27.2mm, non-bar-operated, <100mm travel dropper options aside from the KS ETEN?

You’d think there’s not a market for such a thing or summit!

otsdr
    Free Member

XLC, Pro, KS Lev 272… quite a few options: https://r2-bike.com/Seatpost-height-adjustable__272-mm_3

rOcKeTdOg

brand x do a 85mm CX dropper

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hols2
    Free Member

Can you just get a shorter inner post for the GravityDropper?

kiwijohn

I used a ETEN to prove the concept, but I’m going to buy a PNW Pine now.

legometeorology
    Free Member

XLC, Pro, KS Lev 272… quite a few options: https://r2-bike.com/Seatpost-height-adjustable__272-mm_3

brand x do a 85mm CX dropper

Thanks for the pointers 🙂 The really tricky thing is getting one without a bar remote, as I’ll switch the dropper for a rigid post when riding primarily on roads, and don’t want to faff rerouting cables every couple of weeks.

That said, there’s an XLC post there that I didn’t know about that could work.

Can you just get a shorter inner post for the GravityDropper?

May be, hadn’t thought of that. Although the GD is a spare for my MTB so I’d rather not reduce the drop to be honest. Where do you get GD spares in the UK anyway?

rOcKeTdOg

The really tricky thing is getting one without a bar remote, as I’ll switch the dropper for a rigid post when riding primarily on roads

1) why bother
    2) get an external routed one and some cable ties will take minutes to mount and seconds to shop off if you really feel the need to keep swapping posts.

If I go out on the gravel bike and plan a road route I’ll inevitably come across a bridleway or path I fancy exploring so always having the option to drop the post is a winner for me.

hols2
    Free Member

Where do you get GD spares in the UK anyway?

I would just try contacting the GD people in the US and ask them. I’ve always found them fairly helpful.

legometeorology
    Free Member

Just a note on this in case it helps anyone for droppers in general, I realised that I can fit a 100mm travel ETEN in there.

Two things:

I found out that the collar-rail length of the KS ETEN is almost 2cm shorter than the Gravity Dropper for the same 100mm drop.

I noticed that, measured from rails to the top of the seat, i.e. the stack height, my Charge Knife is just under 4cm and my Change Spoon is 5cm.

So the GD with a Spoon is 3cm longer than an ETEN with a Knife, and I’ve got space for the latter.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I’ve got a KS Lev on mine. Can’t think of any reason i’d want to swap it back out for a rigid.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Short travel droppers’ is closed to new replies.