Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Short travel 27.5″ Full sus
  • mahowlett

Thinking of replacing both my bikes ((Orange 5 27.5″) 150mm full sus / (Pace104XC) 120mm Hardtail) for one that sits between the 2, especially as these days I’d rather go further and keep my wheels closer to the ground. So a short travel full sus (xc/marathon) type bike seems like the way forward. However I’m a shortarse at 5ft5″ and I’ve never got on with any 29ers I’ve tried. I like to move the bike around a bit and they just feel too unwieldy to me. So does anyone make a 27.5″ wheeled short travel full sus that would fit the bill? Preferably carbon as I’m after something light I can pedal 60 miles on comfortably.

trumpton

often 29 inch bikes come in at 27.5 in the size small which I guess you would be after.

mahowlett

@trumpton some hardtails do, but I can’t find any full sus bikes that do, hence my question 🙂

alanf

Scott spark – you can run 27.5 plus or 29er wheels so you get to choose.
    I think the trance is somewhere in there also, although new one may now be a 29er

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

Trek Fuel EX is 27.5 in XS/S sizes too but may be more travel than you want

trumpton

I am pretty sure some of the Marin fs bikes come in 27.5 in small ( and maybe larger sizes too ).

Might be wrong but pretty sure the spark is 29er only now. On the genius you can swap between 27.5 and 29

mahowlett

As far as I can see Scott spark is 27.5″ in alloy versions only now, trance is 150mm of travel, Fuel is 140mm. I was thinking more 100-120mm of travel. Happy to compromise on the rough techy stuff if it’s easier to pedal it up all the hills, here in the highlands.

Premier Icon titusrider
    Subscriber

I’d have the new 5010, not a rocket ship on the flat but a riot of a bike.

Ps the older ones would be worth a look for more xc bias

Ps share your lack of love for 29ers but was happy dragging quite a big bike around so on a remedy 9.9 and couldn’t be happier

Rickos

Marin Hawk Hill is 27.5 and 120mm travel out back. Doesn’t look that special though.

Sorry, forgot you wanted carbon, so it’s out.

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Stumpjumper ST might be worth a look at.

Premier Icon johnw1984
    Subscriber

What about the new Ibis Mojo 4?

Short stand over too on those.

tdog

Funny that, I was going to shout up to say IBIS mojo 4

Guy Kesteven told me on YouTube that the ST is being discontinued here.

mahowlett

oooh that Ibis is nice, maybe I need to adjust my expectations of what a short travel bike is for 2020 though, must be getting old :). Could even buy the frame and swap most of the bits off the five onto it.

Premier Icon doomanic
    Subscriber

YT Izzo?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.