Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Short term mobile SIM
  • verses

Hi,

I’m looking to sort out a cheap SIM for some foreign relatives who’re over for a few weeks in the summer (staying in UK then mainland Europe).

I’ve been looking at the GiffGaff £10 SIM-only deal (linky) which seems to have a reasonable call/text/data bundle included.  I’d order it shortly before they arrive and cancel when they leave so just one month to pay for.

Has anyone here done similar?  Are there any pitfalls I’ve overlooked?  Any better deals out there?

Thanks,

V

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Grabbed an ee one from the vending machine at Heathrow arrivals with credit already in it, set up in minutrs

Kryton57

Grabbed an ee one from the vending machine at Heathrow arrivals with credit already in it, set up in minutrs

You are Jason Bourne & I claim my £5.

Plusnet may be cheaper.

verses

Thanks, I’m with PlusNet and had forgotten that they do the 30day cancellation thing too.

nickjb
    Free Member

The giff gaff sims are good for this. I have a couple of free, empty ones in the drawer ready to top up. You could probably do similar if you want the sim now so its in your hands (unless they have changed the way they work EDIT looks like they still do free sims, just order one now then activate it and buy the £10 deal when you guests arrive). Good company to deal with. No hidden extras or lock-ins. There are probably cheaper options, maybe a similar deal for £5 but is it worth the hassle?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Short term mobile SIM’ is closed to new replies.