Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Short term home for ~£20,000?
  • bearGrease

So STW hivemind, I’m looking for an easy access, short term >1 year home for £20K that is better than my current account. What’s good? Premium bonds? Coventry BS?

Just for the record I’ve had had all the coke and hookers I can deal with. Also, regretfully, I won’t be able to buy anyone a bike (or fund their coke and hookers).

5thElefant
    Free Member

If you’re into your coke and hookers you could buy £20k of coke and sell it to hookers.

sandwicheater

Sounds like you need a good pimp to take care of your coke and hookers if you’ve had your fill.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

I can get you a caravan for £20k,

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Buy a house somewhere cheep like Teesside?

Rent it out, and if it’s ever empty have a holliday on the seaside or yorkshire moors.

I’m tempted to put my house deposit into premium bonds, getting **** all elsewhere.

piemonster

PayPal gift

willard

After having that much money in GTA5, I’d say definitely go the “buy coke, sell hookers” route. Or you could buy coke, sell hookahs.

Premium bonds is likely to be another option, but check the chances of winning and the “expected” return as you will effectively lose money to inflation of you do not win anything.

johndoh
    Free Member

Buy a house somewhere cheep like Teesside?

But any profit would be eaten into massively by legal fees, repair costs, rental management fees etc – I can’t imagine it would be a very attractive return in the short term.

wordnumb
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

Canal barge?

oldboy
    Free Member

With interest rates so low Premium Bonds might actually be a reasonable option. I used to shop around to find a home for my savings, but now moving an account for just a 0.25% gain just isn’t worth the effort!

TheGingerOne

Don’t bother with premium bonds, even with the full amount invested, they are returning a shocking amount. Between 1 and 2% per annum. Would be better off with an investment fund.

unovolo
    Free Member

Want about that P2P lending banks thing, ZOPA
    Basically you agree to lend money (the amount is up to you) then someone who needs money applies to borrow,
    You agree the term and rate and bobs your uncle.

I believe it is all thoroughly vetted and legit.

caspian
    Free Member

I’d go with a FTSE 100 tracker from bestinvest as they are cheap and transparent plus you could use your ISA allowance, partially.

I would do that hence you should probably do the opposite

seavers
    Free Member

You could invest in the cryptocurrency Coinye West.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/08/kanye-west-bitcoin-coinye-west-trademark

Although Mr West doesn’t seem to happy about it. Fish Sticks anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Short term home for ~£20,000?’ is closed to new replies.