Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Short stem wide bars help
  • drapper
    Free Member

How high should the front end be? Is there a rule of thumb? Level with seat or above?
    Running 700mm Bar and 65mm stem on a Cotic Soul with 120rlc with 24m sag.
    Thanks for the advice 🙂
    Marty

RealMan
    Free Member

Whatever height is comfortable for you.

TBH I’d edit this thread and delete everything before you get mocked for believing there is a standard height.

Trimix
    Free Member

Depends on you – we are all different, and your riding style.

But try to get a 50/50 weight distribution between the wheels and go from there. Too much on the back and the front will be too light, wont grip in corners, wonder on climbs. Too much the other way and your arms/wrists may hurt, decending will be scary.

Try riding for a while at different set ups and see what suits you.

takisawa2

I like mine quite high at the front. Really couldnt care less if it looks odd etc. Thats how I ended up with a 29er fork on an Inbred. Its how I liked it.

mboy
    Free Member

s there a rule of thumb?

There are no rules. Some people like their bars high, some people like em low, and many people like em somewhere inbetween…

I run em slightly lower these days than I used to, but that’s mainly cos my riding style has changed. Experiment, find what suits you.

drapper
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips, seem the wide the bar the lower the body drops on front which is compensated by more height needed for me….

It may seem like a noob question but genuinely interested in opinions.

steezysix
    Free Member

Running 700mm Bar and 65mm stem on a Cotic Soul

Sorry, I thought you said short stem wide bars… 🙂

As others have said, the right balance between comfortable riding position and weight over the front wheel for grip is different for everyone. A wider bar will spread your hands apart, putting your weight forward and lower. Try moving stem/spacers around until you find what’s right for you. You may find you change it depending on the type of ride you’re doing on a given day.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sorry, I thought you said short stem wide bars…

His bars a 700mm wide. The stem is 65mm long. This sounds fine to me.

How would you describe it? “My bars are 700mm narrow and my stem is 65mm short”?

steezysix
    Free Member

No, I was making the point that 700mm bars aren’t that wide and 65mm stem isn’t that short. Never mind…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

🙄

drapper
    Free Member

700mm is wide for narrow shoulder 5ft 8 lads 🙂 who are new to this style of riding 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

who are new to this style of riding

What style of riding? Bike riding?

What did you ride beforehand, horses?

drapper
    Free Member

100mm to 65 is a considerable change in style and geo!
    I’ve a clothes horse, is that ok? Troll

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Short stem wide bars help’ is closed to new replies.