Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Short route around Lady Cannings
  • Stainypants

Taking my kids 6 and 9 to Lady Cannings on Saturday.  Thought I do a few goes on each track then take them down the houndkirk road to the Fox or Longshaw tea shop and back. Not very exciting but

I really don’t want to have the youngest on the roads around there.

Anybody got alternative routes.

Nick

andyxxx
    Free Member

I would say that’s plenty demanding and exciting enough for a 6 and 9 year old.

Alternative – Lady Cannings then down the Porter Brook to Forge Dam cafe, or a bit further to Endcliffe.

christhetall
    Free Member

As above, a couple of laps, over to longshaw and back sounds like plenty for a 6 year old. You could do a great loop across the top of Blacka, down Barbrook, past the Eagle Stone, along Curbar and Froggatt edges back to Longshaw, but at 15 miles that would surely be too much

I wouldn’t recommend taking them down to Forge Dam, great cafe though it is, due to the steep hill known as the Bastard. However the alpaca farm in Ringinglow does have a nice cafe.

If you do go to longshaw you have a short but busy stretch of A road to deal with. There are easy trails in Longshaw and you could do a loop to the grouse. One option is to go back via Burbage Valley and then along the slightly quieter road back to Lady Cannings.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Short route around Lady Cannings’ is closed to new replies.