Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Short Let (2 months) room in Manchester – best place to look?
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

My daughter is on a 12 month contract first graduate job, which ends at the start of September. She’s been sharing a house with student mates but the tenancy finishes end of June and she needs somewhere for 8 weeks. Not surprisingly it’s proving slightly tricky to find such a short let.

Anyone know any good websites or other sources to look at for this sort of thing?

Cheers.

Chew
    Free Member

Try https://www.spareroom.co.uk/

Theres usually someone who will rent a room out for a short period.

Failing that theres usually a few students who want to sublet their place when they wont be there for the summer.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Thanks – I don’t know if she’s looked at that but I’ll pass it on. Not many students have accom right across the summer – that’s the problem.

binners

Its worth having a look at sites aimed at the TV studios like media city and the people who work there. I knew a couple of people who used to let flats and rooms to visiting TV crews (cameramen etc) as they’d generally be on a contract for a couple of months, filming a specific show, and they preferred that to living in a hotel. Sorry I don’t know any actual websites

tomhoward

Airbnb?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Has she asked her current landlord whether she can stay on through the vacant summer months? If the new tennants aren’t in till late Aug/Sept she might be able to stay on.

edhornby

Is it worth finding the closest cheap hotel (Travelodge, Ibis cheapie) and asking them what the deal would be for a block booking? if a short term rent involves travelling then ‘doing a partridge’ could work out cost neutral especially if she can walk.

Also she could ring the universities (did she go to university there? if so call in the alumni favour) and see what their summer halls vacancies look like.

if she has showers at work she could camp !!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Student halls offer room rental over summer?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Some good suggestions there – many thanks. She’s already checked it out with the landlord and has been looking at AirBNB.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Short Let (2 months) room in Manchester – best place to look?’ is closed to new replies.