Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Short hi rise stem suggestions please
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

Requirements:
    31 – 40 mm reach
    31.8 mm bar
    1 1/8th steerer

I know of DMR defy 35. Any more with similar rise or even more?

Thanks

honourablegeorge

DMR is the standard answer.

There’s the Yoshimura, if you want an unusual, expensive option, it’s got 35mm rise, sort of a direct mount DH stem with a singlecrown adapter.

ENDH Stem Kit

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Adjustable?

A 90mm https://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-adjustable-road-stem could work.

Have a play with numbers in http://yojimg.net/bike/web_tools/stem.php

guitarhero
    Free Member

Thanks so far. Should have said the reason I’m not considering the DMR is that it is fugly.
    That would preclude those options too.

I was sure I’d seen a stubby hi-rise stem from a small manufacturer before but forgot where I saw it. Will probably order a higher rise bar (100mm) from Oddity and stick with my beloved Chromag Ranger V2 31mm

BadlyWiredDog

Thanks so far. Should have said the reason I’m not considering the DMR is that it is fugly.

It actually looks better installed than it does in stock pack shots. I fitted one because it has a very low stack height and I had a fork with a very short steerer. I thought it looked wrong in pics, but it’s actually better on the bike imo, though I get that’s a very subjective thing.

philstone

Renthal 32 has a decent rise of its size/shape. Not as big as the DMR but something to look at.

anthemtwins
    Free Member

OP I think it could be the Funn Equalizer that you’re thinking of?

TheGhost
    Free Member

I’ve been down this road trying to get my bars high enough.

Unless you have run out of steerer tube the DMR won’t offer much lift because its low stack offsets the height gain.

The industry Nine stems have a 40mm stack and 6mm of rise.

dc1988

But you can put additional spacers underneath the Defy. The rise doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story as the point from where the rise is measured will be higher up the steerer on a stem with a low stack Vs a stem with a high stack

TheGhost
    Free Member

According to Rockshox and Fox you should only use a maximum of 30mm of stem spacers. So, if you already have used 30mm of spacers the DMR stem doesn’t add much stack as you might think.

dc1988

Pffft, i must have double that

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.