Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Short (152/155mm) Crank Options
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hi all. Building my eldest a 24″ bike and wondered what short crank options there are? Plenty if cheapo things on eBay which is fine but they seem to have a standard adult 22/32/42 setup which seems ott on a kids bike? Are there any other options?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Nice idea but 50 quid!? Any options cheaper?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I bought some cheap ones with standard pcd and turned it into a 1x with a spare chainring

I couldn’t fit a 22t as well as the original had the 22 bolted to the 32

works fine

SR suntour xct Jr model

transporter13
    Free Member

Type in 152mm cranks into amazon and it’ll bring up some Sr suntour krg xct cranks.

I bought some a while back and once you’ve taken the 3 rings off and fitted a narrow wide ring they’re spot on. Been through 2 of my kids so far and are still in good condition.

Big and daft beat me to it🙈

rossburton
    Free Member

The Suntour XCT Jr cranks are good, normal 104BCD mount once you remove the rings and looks pretty neat with a 32t chainring and bash:

They’re available in black, white, and silver.

If you’re feeling flush the SRAM NX crankset is available in 165mm… you get a chainring and a bottom bracket for the price though so isn’t as crazy as it first seems.

Evans sell Hoy cranks which come in a variety of sizes for the Hoy kids bikes, but last time I looked they were out of stock.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers guys – I’ll take a look at the Suntour cranks!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

You can also get 104bcd BMX cranks in shorter lengths. Check out a big seller like Winstanleys.

BillOddie

Slight Hijack…

DaveyBoy – what forks did you end up using?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Short (152/155mm) Crank Options’ is closed to new replies.