Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Shop with road shoes in Manchester
  • bash
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good shop in/nr Manchester to try on a selection on road shoes please? They’ll be my first ‘bike’ shoe so would like to try on a few brands to see what fits best and get some advice too. Have tried Evans but they’ve only got a couple different brands and Eddie McGraths in arums ton only had a couple of shoes in total.

Cheers,

bland

Try calling surosa in Oldham, preferably deal with the woman as the bloke can be a right miserable …. But she is nice and was well good on her day!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Harry hall cycles? Have a website too

RustySpanner

Edinburgh Bike CoOp?

Cooksons in Whitefield are great and usually have a few pairs in.

project
    Free Member

cycle surgery,
    harry hall,
    a shop in alderley edge, DOH ita Wilmslow from below post, just off the rounabout.
    decathlon, stockport,has a selection, but not branded look at me shoes
    Sports direct, sells muddy fox branded cycling shoes

ChrisA
    Free Member

Royles in Wilmslow usually have a few pairs in. Also leisure lakes in bury maybe?

dannybgoode

EBC tend to have a reasonable range and 15% off this w/end. Really would recommend giving the Spesh shoes a try. If they work for your feet they’re quite lovely to wear…

Cheers

Danny B

bash
    Free Member

Cheers guys, will give a few of these a try, is it possible to get shoes that I can wear on the mtb too or is it best to get separate shoes? I’ve got shimano R540 SPD SL pedals on the road bike if that helps?

dannybgoode

Cleats for a road shoe won’t fit an MTB shoe – road shoes have no tread, MTB shoes do so no space for the larger cleats that road pedals use…

Cheers

Danny B

project
    Free Member

SPD shoes the small cleat is recessed into the sole,and the sole has a deep grippy imprint, on road shoes the cleat is larger and and fitted onto the flush sole which has no grip, road shoes alo smake you walk on your heels and are very slippy if walking across railway station flors , fell over a few times on them, o now use SPD shoes and pedals on all bikes.

dannybgoode

Main problem with SPD’s on road bikes is that the small cleat can cause a pressure hot spot – particularly on longer rides (50 miles plus IME).

The wider cleat of a road shoe spreads the pressure a bit and makes them more palatable for longer rides.

Yes you do walk like a tit in them.

Cheers

Danny B

bash
    Free Member

Ended up in CycleSurgery today, tried on a few pairs and decided Shimano was the best fit and they’re going to order some RT82’s in for me.

Very helpful staff, will definitely return if i need anything else. Thanks for the recommendations.

fubar
    Free Member

Try calling surosa in Oldham, preferably deal with the woman as the bloke can be a right miserable …. But she is nice and was well good on her day!

Yes, she was just a bit good ‘in her day’ World Champ I’m guessing think she would still leave most of us standing. I’ve only been a couple of times but the bloke was reasonably personable by bike shop (low) standards

project
    Free Member

Ended up in CycleSurgery today, tried on a few pairs and decided Shimano was the best fit and they’re going to order some in for me.

check for web pricing first, they PRICE MATCH.

project
    Free Member

£67 quid in Tweeks cycles

simondbarnes

I’ve got shimano R540 SPD SL pedals on the road bike if that helps?

Ended up in CycleSurgery today, tried on a few pairs and decided Shimano was the best fit and they’re going to order some RT82’s in for me.

Are you ditching the R540 pedals then? The RT82 shoes are SPD compatible, not SPD-SL…

bash
    Free Member

£67 quid in Tweeks cycles

Yep already checked that 🙂

I’ve got shimano R540 SPD SL pedals on the road bike if that helps?
    Are you ditching the R540 pedals then? The RT82 shoes are SPD compatible, not SPD-SL…

Bugger, any recommendations on shoes that’ll work with these? Tried on some Mavic’s too (possibly Cyclo Tour or Peloton Road) that seemed to fit quite well too.

bash
    Free Member

Just had a look, thinking of possibly changing to either A520 or M540 pedals with the RT82’s. It’s not like I’m going to be doing 100 mile roads so hoping hot spots won’t be an issue for a while at least?!

bash
    Free Member

Anyone with some words of wisdom? Recommendations on shoes or whether I’d be OK using something like the A520 pedal on a road bike?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Shop with road shoes in Manchester’ is closed to new replies.