Shooting badgers

Home Forum Chat Forum Shooting badgers

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Shooting badgers
  • or leave the EU and accept we have no say in such rules.
    Yes. We would have no say in any rules that didn’t apply to us.
    Then we could make our own bloody rules up.

mrmo

esselgruntfuttock, the rule exists for the export market more than anything else. The UK could start vacinating, but we would be barred from selling meat to the continent. As i said it all comes down to money.

piemonster

Badgers, #%$@ them, there all racists anyway

samuri

I am in tears laughing at deviant’s story.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

kjcc25 – Member

I grew up on a farm during the 1960’s and never saw a badger. Now dead badgers at the side of the road are far more common than dead hedgehogs. We never had TB on the farm either.

Factors influencing this:
    More traffic
    More roads
    More loss of habitat
    More intensive farming
    More transporting of cattle
    Probably loads more tbh but that’s a start.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Perhaps it would be easier if we just demonised the badgers in the eyes of the other woodland inhabitants?

I believe that a major skirmish took place some time ago with the badgers, moles, rats, toads and otters on one side and the ferrets, stoats and weasels on the other.

Surely stoking up the fires of anti-badger hatred amongst the more untrustworthy woodland inhabitants provides us with a cheap solution whilst maintaining a clean conscience?

I beleive this solution, ‘The Graham Protocol’, should be implemented with all haste.

zokes

Instead of shooting the badgers with rifles, why not shoot them with knock-out darts and immunise them. Unless we intend to sell badgers oversees, then I can’t see a problem, other than money, which frankly isn’t a good enough reason to go about exterminating native wildlife.

jonba

Humanely trap them and ship them to Brussels?

While the cull is definitely bad news for the badgers it is no worse than plenty of other things that go on on farms everyday. I hate to break it to you but all those cute lambs in the fields aren’t destined for a long and happy life roaming the hills.

piemonster

Fairly decent sized industry in Scotland almost entirely based on shooting animals for fun. Roe deer season already underway, Red Deer kicks off 1st July.

Whats so special about Badgers anyway? Is it because we haven’t been slaughtering them so much? Or are they just a bit cuddly looking*?

*dont try this, they get grumpy and its a good way to pick up ticks

piemonster

Actually, are there campaigns out there lead by celebrity types to stop folk Rabbiting or Deer Stalking.

We’ve done Fox Hunting, anymore campaigns out there lurking under the radar.

Gowrie

kjcc25 – Member
    I grew up on a farm during the 1960’s and never saw a badger. Now dead badgers at the side of the road are far more common than dead hedgehogs. We never had TB on the farm either.

Northwind
    Factors influencing this:
    More traffic
    More roads
    More loss of habitat
    More intensive farming
    More transporting of cattle
    Probably loads more tbh but that’s a start.

Northwind – you missed the most important one – More badgers.
    A lot more badgers. Since badgers became a protected species, their numbers have soared. They have no natural predators.

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

piemonster – Member
    Fairly decent sized industry in Scotland almost entirely based on shooting animals for fun. Roe deer season already underway, Red Deer kicks off 1st July….

Toff badgering season has started then.

What tyres… 🙂

piemonster

Glorious Twelfth will be with us soon enough.

Pheasant anyone? Fishing?

piemonster

What tyres…

Muke

3 pages and no mention of this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI[/video]

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Shooting badgers’ is closed to new replies.