Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Shoot me now – what garden hose?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Last one went in the bin due to kinks and splits from not being wound away properly so after a new one. Not a cheapy one but not megabucks either. Usual water the garden, clean the car and most importantly washing the bike! What you got?

MoreCashThanDash

Hozelock. But I’m pretty sure they are basically the same

matt_outandabout

Buying a proper reel, mounted on the wall, is what made our hose last.

Tracey

Ive got the Scewfix one. Had it for over ten years and not managed to kill it. It was a recommendation from our builder. He always prices one into a build and then leaves it for the clients once the job is finished.

footflaps

We have a Hozelock wall mounted reel thing. The retraction lockout mechanism died after a few years though, so it’s not very auto-reel anymore. Still very convenient and keeps it all out the way when not in use.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QRPFR2]Hozelock 40m reel[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

BadlyWiredDog

Karcher. On a reel. Don’t on any account buy one of those weird elasticated ones. The neighbours have/had one and it was basically shredded after about six months.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, that screwfix one has lasted over 10 years here.

bsims
    Free Member

I’ve got a cheap hozelock on a movable reel – it will kink if you don’t wind it up properly but at £30 for 40 metres I can’t complain at 6 years use.

peteimpreza

Whichever Gardena one fits your needs and budget

locum76
    Free Member

There is nothing better than Tricoflex. As a market gardener I didn’t buy anything else. Neither did my peers.

damascus
    Free Member

I bought an expanding hose last year. Its been brilliant. Shrinks down really small and forces most of the water out. I had issues with frozen water blocking the hose.

When you turn the tap off it still has enough water being forced out to clean all my kit, about 3 minutes worth.

Came with brass fittings too. It lives in the shed out of the sun when not in use.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why don’t you just go into B&Q and look at the shelves like everyone else?

Northwind

BadlyWiredDog

Subscriber

Don’t on any account buy one of those weird elasticated ones.

Oh, I dunno, I love mine. I mean, it’s way less useful than a normal hose, but it’s just so pleasing watching it detumesce.

rogermoore

Why don’t you just go into B&Q and look at the shelves like everyone else?

OP is after a hose, not shelving.
    RM.

dyna-ti

Visit a local garden/nursery center and see what they use themselves.

senorj

My next one will be an expanding one.

Greybeard
    Free Member

We have a VonHaus wall mounted retractable reel – very similar to the Hoselock, but about 2/3 the price. Much better than a plain hose, it takes no time to put away so you do, and that protects it from UV, being trodden on, etc.

fossy

Hozelock – always been the best long lasting. Wall fixed or on a decent mobile reel – ours is on a mobile reel – really robust – TBH – a wall fixed reel woud have been the best idea, given out one outside tap.

LeeW

We bought some of those Hozelock expanding ones at the end of summer a few years ago from B&M. £10 each for the 25m ones. Can’t fault them.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Shoot me now – what garden hose?’ is closed to new replies.