Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Shokz OpenRun Pro headphones review
  • Ben_Haworth

As a female runner who likes to be able to lace up whenever the mood takes me, these Shokz OpenRun Pro headphones are a game changer. Brand: Shok …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Shokz OpenRun Pro headphones review

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

tonyd

The wife bought a pair of these a while ago and loves them. She has a Garmin Fenix 5s watch which she uses to play music and has had real problems finding a decent pair of headphones that don’t drop out (usually down to watch on left wrist, BT receiver in right earphone), but she’s been using the these (same model as tested) for a few months now and had no issues whatsoever.

I’ve never been a fan of listening to anything while running or riding as I prefer to hear what is going on, but I am tempted to get a pair myself, especially for long road rides.

Edit: They do a mini version now too with a smaller loop

spyke85
    Free Member

Really like mine – use them mainly at work however for Teams calls and listening to music

scotroutes

I might have been interested in these if they were also suitable for males. 😉

zippykona

Absolute game changer. All the gravel rides near me that were too boring are now good as I can catch up on my favourite radio shows.

MoreCashThanDash

Love mine – think they were cheap with Strava discount

Olly
    Free Member

Ive got some older Titanium ones, and i wouldnt be without them.
    Easy to wear all day, (and totally forget youve got them on)
    Music quality is fine
    Call quality is good, even in an office.

If you end up in a louder environment, there isnt much you can do as they (obviously) do nothing to block out external sounds but still my go to headphones for general use.
    I would be keen to give some newer generation ones a go, when my Tis eventually give up (though no sign of that yet)

eduardorocha

Both of my old wired and the new Ti ones are useless if running/riding into headwind…but otherwise ok.

andydt82

If they are IP55, they have been tested as protected against dust and low pressure jets of water – so certainly up to a downpour (better than a lot of outdoor lighting, for instance), but not submersion

oldnick

What are they like for road cycling, at my awsum speedz will they still sound ok or will the wind blast overwhelm the music?

MoreCashThanDash

The wind blast will overwhelm the music if you are playing it at a sensible volume so you can still be aware of your surroundings.

djflexure

I find them ok in the wind

reeksy

I have the older ones. In fast traffic or noisy areas or down steep hills they’re too quiet, but they’re pretty good. Only gripe is the band is a bit small for my fat head/neck so they pull slightly on my ears. Only annoying after several hours/when my hair gets too long.

I’m currently waiting for the rain to stop and will then ride off around the woods listening to Adam Buxton’s latest podcast on a set of Aftershox

hunta

Do any glasses-wearers have first-hand experience? I can imagine they may not fit as well.

MoreCashThanDash

Do any glasses-wearers have first-hand experience? I can imagine they may not fit as well.

Wore mine today with my Smith helmet and Oakleys – all fits nicely

b33k34

The wind blast will overwhelm the music if you are playing it at a sensible volume so you can still be aware of your surroundings.

I’ve not tried it them yet but have been tempted by something like https://www.cat-ears.com/ to deal with the wind noise problem (which is just as much of an issue with other headphones I’ve cycled with). I’m rarely wearing a helmet when I’m using my aftershokz which makes it more difficult to deal with.

bigrich

the cheaper ones work just as well, and they are USB-C instead of the silly maglock proprietary thing

male; multi sport, commuter.

reeksy

The USB-C charging socket on mine corrodes due to sweat. After a week or two they fail to charge. However it’s easily fixed with some white vinegar on an earbud (dabbed in the socket not the ear!)

Superficial
    Free Member

I thought it’d be an issue; it totally isn’t. Neither are helmet straps IME though some helmets could be incompatible.

The only fit problem I’ve noticed is 1) they are completely incompatible with beanie hats (caps are fine) and 2) leaning back against a pillow / car headrest doesn’t work for me.

I love mine for bike commuting, running and just listening to music around the house without blocking out other sounds. One of the best things I’ve bought in ages.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.