Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shoes for the larger plates of meat
  • rugbydick

Got a buddy who wants to move across to clipless pedals.

The only problem is that his plates of meat are a UK size 14 or 15.
    Anyone know which shoes come in extra large sizes?

He’s riding darkside just now, so road shoes or “racey” xc type mtb shoes would be OK.

Cheers,

MSP

Lake go up to a European size 50, and are fairly wide to start with, as well as doing wide fittings. Sidi do large sizes, but only in cheaper models, and are a bit narrow and pointed. Shimano also do large sizes on cheaper models.

euain

Sidi do some big shoes. You can get them in silly big sizes at This Link. They are not cheap though (well, not by my standards)!

I’ve had some luck in the sales as sometimes the clown sizes are left in stock. I got some Diadora shoes in size 50 from Chain Reaction in the sales for £35. Well chuffed 🙂

It’s a right pain though – very hit and miss getting shoes mail order as the sizing is so inconsistent. I’ve never once walked into a bike shop and been able to try on shoes in my size. 🙁

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m a size 13/14 and find Shimano 48s fit well, have tried lake too. Sidi come up too narrow, spesh too short.

euain

Sidi do their “Mega” sizing – which are meant to be wider. I’ve not tried them so can’t vouch for them though.

I found shimanos very small for the marked size – I’ve got 13/14 in normal shoes and needed a 50 in shimano sizing to get my feet in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shoes for the larger plates of meat’ is closed to new replies.