Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Shoes for flats.
  • jam-bo

i’ve tried a lot of different shoes for pedals but these are probably the best yet. well impressed.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Vans? which shoe?

I always had problems with the floor (is that the right word) collapsing at the heal. Have they fixed this?

jam-bo

vans gravel.

pretty hard to find but i got mine from bike24 for a good price in the end. we’ll see how they hold up but they have to be better than the teva links that are going in the bin.

honourablegeorge

I have both – the Links are still the ones I reach for first. Find them more comfy.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Better than 5:10’s? I’ve not found a better shoe so far. Not tried Teva’s though.

Northwind

Very much liking my Sombrios- got a pair of Floats (summer) and a pair of Shazams (winter). The Floats are Freerider-ish, less grippy but they still hit that “grippy enough for Northwind not to care” point, like most decent shoes do. But better made, and a little less clumpy.

The Shazams show every other flat pedal up for the fairweather nonsense they all are… High top, good weatherproofing, flapped-in laces, material that doesn’t hold tons of water… Wish I’d found them years ago.

Still tend to use my Freeriders for racing though, just because the extra grip can be useful when I screw up.

gaz552
    Free Member

Are they actually comfortable though..? I bought a pair of vans as a casual shoe to wear on holiday and it was like the soles wear planks or something. Felt hard (though the sole wasn’t really stiff), uncomfortable and didn’t feel like it supported my foot/arch at all.
    I just recently (in he last week) got a pair of 5:10 freerides and they are very nice and much more comfortable than I expected (surprisingly as they do have a stiff sole).

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some 2012 Teva Pinners for $49 so I’ll see what they are like.

Simon

I got some Pinners a while a go and they are that comfy I ended up wearing them off the bike as normal trainers. Nowhere near as grippy as 5tens but some people like that, I don’t.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ve been a big fan of vans for many years anyway, but was going to be buying a pair of these next mainly because they’re synthetic uppers along with what all reviews say is a nicely grippy sole. so this is good to read! how do they size up? true to size?

prezet
    Free Member

I’ve been using Gravels for the past year and love ’em. 5.10’s are far too grippy, making it hard to reposition your feet without having to take your whole foot off the pedal.

I quite fancy trying a pair of the Links next.

jedi

my mate uses gravels and absolutely loves them. maybe i’ll try a pair

jam-bo

Better than 5:10’s? I’ve not found a better shoe so far. Not tried Teva’s though.

Had several pairs of 5:10’s and a pair of Reba links. I prefer riding in these by a long shot and they look the best by far.

zelak999
    Free Member

+1 for the Sombrio Floats/X Floats/Shazam.
    Just the right mixture of grip and movement for me.

alpin
    Free Member

Tried a friends 5:10s the other week… As others have said above,I found them too grippy.

Been riding Nike Mogans for the past five years and can’t fault them….

sheepdip71
    Free Member

Teva churns…. Lovely in this hot weather & really light, comfy. Have Hope f20 pedals & no problems

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121110511000?device=t&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=54

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

These are flipping ace! 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Shoes for flats.’ is closed to new replies.