Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Shoe sole / SPD cleat protectors
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Years ago I got a batch of stainless steel plates made to protect ones shoes from getting gouged by SPD pedals. I’ve had a couple of people asking about them recently, so I was wondering if there would be enough interest to get another batch made.

Original thread here.

If I could get 40 pairs at £2/pair it’d be a go-er. Any interest?

bigblackshed

232-FBB06-F1-D6-4331-B395-CB94-AB2-EBCE0

vmgscot

I’m still working my way through the 5 x pairs I bought from that original batch 🙂

martinb
    Free Member

Yes please

dc1988

I’d be interested

cleetonator

I’d definitely take a couple of pairs off your hands.

twistedpencil

Man, this could be the answer to my prayers. I’d take a couple of pairs, more if needed to get the order going 🙂

Gribs

3 pairs here please.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is this just a Crank Bros issue or would these be of benefit with Shimano SPDs?

Thinking of going clipless on the gravel bike and waiting for an expensive set of Lake shoes to turn up.

qwerty
    Free Member

Is this just a Crank Bros issue or would these be of benefit with Shimano SPDs?

@Onzadog
    – it’s a Time / Crank Bros / Look issue where the pedal cage spring and the shoe sole meet and that’s the power transfer and wear area. Shimano SPD that power transfer is directly via the cleat / pedal, the shoe sole may rest on the pedal elsewhere though for additional support.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers

ratherbeintobago

I’d be in for some too, maybe five sets?

13thfloormonk

Yes please! 2 sets ta

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Yes please. Tried making these. Bloody difficult with a hack saw and drill. Eventually settled on some Crank Bros but could definitely use some more.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Thanks for the interest chaps. Sounds like there’s enough to get an order together. I’ll be in touch.

wheelie

Yes please! I’ll take 4 sets cheers.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Don’t post much, but this is enough to make me come out of hiding for a few pairs please!

philstone

Yep – I’d be interested too – 3 sets please.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Looks like steel prices (or laser cutting prices) have gone up a bit since 2016 I’m afraid. Will probably work out £2.50-3/pair + cost of a stamp. Please could you all drop me a message with your name, email address, how many pairs you want, and your postal address – it’ll be easier to deal with by email rather than STW messages.

Cheers,

Mowgli
    Free Member

They’ve arrived! Have emailed all those who’ve expressed interest already. There are some spares if anyone else wants some – drop me a message.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd…

bigblackshed

Done!

theotherjonv

messaged you

dc1988

Money sent

Mowgli
    Free Member

Last call – doing the batch shipping tomorrow morning.

13thfloormonk

Phew, glad this thread reminded me! Money sent as per email, thanks again.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Arrived already, thanks very much!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Shoe sole / SPD cleat protectors’ is closed to new replies.