Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shoe sole protector man, where are you?
  • zippykona

A while back there was someone on here who was making metal protectors to stop your shoes wearing when clipped in.
    I’d like some more if they are still available.

servo
    Free Member

I’d buy a set as well.

BearBack
    Free Member
    newworldlobster
    Free Member

you used to get ones called Beater Blockers (GREAT name) but no longer made. Old blog post from some guy on making your own, seems easy enough

http://pedaldamnit.blogspot.co.uk/2007/11/eggbeater-shoe-shields-for-carbon-fiber_15.html

Mowgli
    Free Member

Ah, that’d be me then. I did get a load made and was flogging them for about £2 a set. I had a batch of 200 laser cut and unfortunately have sold the lot now. It took a good few months to make the money back so I’m afraid with the market probably being almost saturated for a while now, it’s not going to be worthwhile me getting another batch done. Happy to send you the drawing if you want to get your local laser company to make some?

daern
    Free Member

These are completely new to me. I’ve never come close to wearing out the bit of the sole directly around the cleats, compared to the rest of the sole or even the upper. In fact, my last winter boots had my toes hanging out of the front of them before the sole wore out…! I use SPDs and Shimano shoes, so perhaps this combination has less tendency to wear…

Interesting idea though.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Crank Bros and Time pedals are more prone to wearing the soles, Shimano not so much.

daern
    Free Member

Ah, cool. Thanks 🙂

servo
    Free Member

Time Atacs definitely wear out the shoes, especially I think if you don’t replace worn cleats.

Just got a new pair of Giro Privateer R shoes so looking for some extra protection.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shoe sole protector man, where are you?’ is closed to new replies.