Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Shoe dyer’s – all much of a muchness?
  • dawson

There seems to be quite a few under different names – are they all the same?

LNIDEAS Electric Shoe Dryer and Ozone Deodorizer with Digital Controls and Timer Function,Foldable Scalable for Drying Shoes Boots Gloves Socks https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077TPPPWX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_HM183NBFAR4KJCGNXTR8

matt_outandabout

I’m interested too, we’ve thought about getting one for a couple of winters now.

flannol
    Free Member

Hairdryer on cold. Accelerated natural drying.

Any heat will bake in and stink. Also the high throughput of air (which gets forced through the fabric) has a similar effect to putting stinky shoes/clothing out in the wind for a day to air out – so double benefit.

Takes between 1.5-5 mins per shoe depending on wet vs completely soaked.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve got one that’s a few years old. It seems ok, but drying shoes that are completely soaked takes hours. It’s better for drying slightly damp shoes so they don’t end up smelling like a bog, and in that way it works well.

I’ve also started using it for drying sweaty helmets, so they don’t stink so much.

I’d get one with a good timer, if possible. Mine runs several hours a day intermittently via a timer socket thing, because the internal 1hr timer just isn’t enough.

thepurist

Got given one during the “summer” as shoes were soaking after every ride, no heating on to dry them and they’d probably get wetter if left outside.

The warm air is probably mid-low 20s so won’t bake them but is a bit quicker than using cold, timer runs for up to 3 hours which seems to be enough but they do 2 pairs at once with no way to switch off one set of arms if you’re only drying one pair.

StirlingCrispin

We have one of these – but it tends to trail all over the floor.

HOMCOM Shoe Boot Dryer Electric Hot Air Warmer Heater Disinfectant Wall Mounted Portable White

Also have some Drysures which are great for day-to-day damp-from-sweat use:
    https://drysure.co/

Thump also has a deoderising set which go in his school bag to keep his basketball shoes under control during the school day.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

they work well for a while, make sure you buy where it is delivered by amazon, that way when it breaks you can return for a full refund and buy another.

mine worked great for 2 months, i returned it 5-6 weeks ago as it kept turning itself off for no reason.. new one works fine again

dawson

Thanks, yes was looking to buy from Amazon.

DickBarton

Got same as Crispin and it works well – will shortly be plugged to wall by back door and will be used on shoes and gloves throughout the wetter months.

It isn’t too fancy and the heat isn’t high.

DaveP

I have 2 of those – one has broken – like has been said – amazon and their customer support/service means it should not be too hard to get it replaced.
    I tried finding one that took multiple pairs and gave up trying to find one that had a good review/reliable.
    Fantastic when the weather turns.

mashr

Clas Ohlson used to be the standard STW choice. It’s a bit meh though, does the job but the timer on mine broke really quickly so now it’s just on/off

Although it looks like Clas Ohlson might barely exist now anyway, and I can’t see the old drier

bikesandboots

Any experiences of these vs. a dehumidifier? My dehumidifier is 300W, these are 25W, I doubt they’d take 12 times longer to dry out.

doomanic

I have the one in the OP, works as it should so no complaints from me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Shoe dyer’s – all much of a muchness?’ is closed to new replies.