Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shock bushings for Transition Scout
  • keppoch

I can begin to feel some play in the rear end of my Transition Scout. I think it is the shock bushings but very hard to detect – so I am going to replace those first to see if that sorts it.

The shock is a RockShox Monarch RT3 Debonair

I’ve had it for just under a year used it last summer and then a total of three weeks worth of cycling holidays. Does that sound about the right?

If so are these the bushings for the job?

mildbore

Sounds early to need to replace bushings. Are you sure it’s not the monarch shock knocking? Mate of mine felt a knocking and we thought it was something loose or worn, turned out it was the shock. There’s been a thread on here recently on this issue

keppoch

I’m not sure what it is to be honest I can just feel the slightest knock/play when I pick the rear end of the bike up (stationary not riding) and the bushings are easier/cheaper to eliminate than other things!

mildbore

It sounds very much like wot I sez. Recommend you look up the thread, it was last posted on about 4 days ago (sorry, don’t know how to put a link to it up),and given your shock is under warranty, get the shop to sort it.

benpinnick

Seems reasonable to expect a bush change and yes that’s the puppies. Take the shock off – if the bushnis toast you’ll fee it easily with the shock off. The hardware will probably come out of the bush easily too. Another sign it’s toast.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shock bushings for Transition Scout’ is closed to new replies.