Shock bush database?

Home Forum Bike Forum Shock bush database?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shock bush database?
  • PeterPoddy

AFAIK there’s only two types of bush, 1/2in (12.7mm) being the most common. The mounting hardware is specific to the frame, and any decent brand will supply their own replacements easily.

5plusn8

That will serve me right for using the wrong name, I meant mounting hardware…

5plusn8

Does anyone know if there is an easy look up for shock bush sizes? TF tuned used to be good but theirs does not seem to have been updated for many years.

foxman

What bike do you have ? what year ? what shock ? which end is needed?

5plusn8

This is for a YT Capra 2017.

poah

thought about measuring it?

nickscots1

As above, measure it. I used a £10 micrometer and steel rule.

Junkyard

offset bushing will do it if you just say what bike it is – you do not need to get offset bushes

Decent prices and fast turnaround

I have no links to the business and speak only from experience

foxman

front mount 8 x 22.2 rear 8x 34

Hadge

Theres only 3 bits of info you need to order a new shock bush 1) the bushing which will either be 12.7mm (1/2″ in old money) or 12mm 2) the bolt size (either 6mm or 8mm) and then measure your existing bushing. So for instance for a Fox RP3 it’s 12.7 x 8mm x 22.0 or whatever. We list ours as either 6.1mm or 8.1mm bolt size at BETD as that’s just a clearance size for a 6 or 8mm bolt. It’s easy really.
    There are odd ball sizes for some Santa Cruz or other frames and also old Rock Shox are 10mm bush size but these are old and rare now.

5plusn8

foxman cheers thats exactly what i needed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.