Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • shitty waste……
  • alpin
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Fear not, New Labour have a new plan ……………. we are going to "talk" to the Taliban.

Gordon Brown in new Afghan plan: talk to the Taliban

Of course perhaps we could have tried a little harder to 'talk' before going to war, rather than doing it now whilst we are losing and the Taliban are winning.

Still, Tony Blair needed to go to war because as everyone knows, all great statesmen throughout history have also been great war leaders.

How else are they to be remembered in the history books ?

alpin
    Free Member

mmm…. how should he be remembered?

'total ****' fits the bill, i think.

alpin
    Free Member

oh dear. it blocked that word that rhymes with 'munt'

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spot on, Ernie. Wasn't it Claire Short who accused Bliar of being more concerned with his "place in history" than the due process of government?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

His 'place in history' is the only thing which has ever motivated the self-serving egomaniac.

I have no doubt that when Blair 'entered politics' his ambition was always to be Prime Minister. He simply chose the Labour Party because he was fully aware that a public school educated barrister was highly likely to rise rapidly through it's ranks – there was no such guarantee with the Tory Party. He did whatever he needed to, to reach the top including, joining CND – clearly something which he never had the slightest commitment towards.

Now that his plan to be remembered as a great war leader has been shot to pieces, the Middle-East Peace Envoy wants to be remembered as someone who brought peace to the world (just as long as it doesn't involve going into a war zone)

Give me a fully paid-up member of the Tory Party any day, instead of this liar, cheat, charlatan, and fraudster.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A slight clarification to my above post – before anyone pulls me up about it : Tony Blair was involved in Parliamentary Labour CND during the 1980s, I'm not sure whether he actually held individual membership of CND. Obviously when he was keen and ambitious to reach the top, keeping the left of the party sweet whilst in reality having no commitment at all, was important to him.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘shitty waste……’ is closed to new replies.