Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Shit news, stand down Marsdenman..
  • chipps

Really sorry to hear that. He’d been in touch with me recently to pass on some positive wishes to a friend in a similar situation. Sorry to lose another champ.

Yak

RIP Marsdenman. Thoughts to Mrs Marsdenman, family, friends and all who knew him.

midlifecrashes

Awful news, best wishes to his family and mates.

isibson
    Free Member

One of our more memorable outings…

Chris, you will be sorely missed by all who’s lives you brightened.

badnewz
    Free Member

RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

lowey

Ace pic isibson

sv

RIP Marsdenman. Thoughts to Mrs Marsdenman, family, friends and all who knew him.

+1.

rossatease
    Free Member

+1 a shame we never met.

mashiehood
    Free Member

RIP fella, enjoy the singletrack up there

user-removed
    Free Member

Life is often shorter than it often seems. Far shorter.

spacemonkey

Shit, only just spotted this sticky.

RIP brave fella.

Thoughts to Sharon and family and friends.

nbt

Mrs NBT and I will be heading over to say farewell, although I suppose we’ll have a wander round Marsden between the Service & the Pub.

The black suit can go back in to wardrode: Cheeky Shirt Monday it will be, my friend

Sandwich

Sharon, I’m unlikely to be in Marsden but anyway I can send a donation? Email in profile.

Mike

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

What do folk think about a memorial ride ? Any local dudes want to organise it ?

nbt

Tom and I have been discussing that very idea. We’ll have a chat over a pint in the New Inn and get something set up for a few weeks time

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

good man yourself, I would have offered but its best done by someone with local knowledge

mintimperial

Hi all, Sharon has asked me to grab as many photos of Chris as we can pull together so we can have a bit of a slide show for Monday. If anyone has a snap or two of him floating around that they’d like to share, riding bikes or otherwise, please post it up here or send me a copy direct by email (my username at gmail dot com). The bigger the better, cheers.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve only just come across all of this and am very sorry to hear what’s gone on.

I’ve always seen the name marsdenman crop up and thought “I’d better have a chat with him about trails, he only lives over the hill”- despite living in Holmfirth I’ve never got in touch. I hope he had as good a few months as possible, enjoying that beautiful part of the world he lives in (even if the seagulls do fly backwards). Having seen my next door neighbour deteriorate rapidly after chemo before passing away last Christmas having suffered to the end his decision to give up the treatment looks like it was a good one.

If there is a group ride in his memory I’d love to join it and pay a fee going to Kirkwood Hospice or similar.

I can also credit (or, if I were typing as my wife, blame) marsdenman for reigniting my passion for model railways following a post of his dad’s garden railway.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Very sad, I knew him a little – did a couple of rides with him up in Marsden – he was a lovely guy. Condolences to all his nearest and dearest.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear this, only met Chris a couple of times on Pook’s pootles but really enjoyed his company.

My thoughts go out to his family. Please keep us posted about a memorial ride

Joe

Nobby

Condolences to your family & friends MarsdenMan, I never met you but wish I had.

RIP.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I can’t make the funeral as I’m working ,hope it goes well.

bullheart
    Free Member

A genuinely beautiful celebration of a wonderful, well-loved man. Church was packed, lots of colour, and signing Jerusalem made it very dusty.

RIP Chris

nbt

**** Mark I didn’t realise you were there or I’d have come to say hello. We will meet one day

As funerals go it was lovely and a genuine celebration of the life of a much loved friend to many. I’m normally in bits at funerals, I coped pretty well at this till they played the exit music, a beautiful solo piano rendition of Bring Me Sunshine. I’d just about pulled myself back together when we reached Sharon at the exit and she said “How are you?”

I think the fact that I just choked up speaks volumes about how much Chris touched my life. You’ll be sorely missed

[video]http://youtu.be/ZedhoqYdfTM[/video]

isibson
    Free Member

It was a lovely service, and afterwards at the pub… lots of great stories shared, nice people met, and great memories. The slideshow Sharon put together was awesome.

nbt

Managed to stay for a drink in the pub but then had to depart for personal reasons so was most disappointed not to see the slideshow and share more stories

We did agree though that we’d organise the memorial ride on the last weekend in September. Book it in your diaries

mintimperial

It was a lovely service and good to see so many people there, a fitting send-off I think. Lots of great stories about a brilliant man shared at the pub afterwards.

As nbt says, 27th/28th September is the weekend for the memorial ride, we’ll decide which day exactly and sort the details nearer the time.

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Shit news, stand down Marsdenman..’ is closed to new replies.