Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shipping Ebike Batteries
  • beano68
    Free Member

Possibly relocating to Canada in the Autumn but I can take the bike with me on the flight apparently but the batteries is a no go, I dont want to wait 5-6 weeks for the container to arrive at the other end. as I want to ride when I get over there, and hiring a battery over there will cost a far bit..

Has anyone got any info on shipping batteries oversea, i.e Canada

jonk

Probs cheaper to sell your battery here and buy a new one in Canada.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Put it in the container and wait. C’mon, toughen up.

jim25

I don’t see what other option there is if you can’t fly with it, it will have to go on the boat

jblewi
    Free Member

I work in a Canadian bike shop, we had a customer who wanted to buy an e-bike and ship it back to Ireland becuase our legal top speed is higher.

He found it impossible to fly with the battery, the only way was by sea. I think there was an air option but it was crazy expensive. Obviously your situation is different but the whole thing seemed a complete waste of time to me for an extra 7km/h. Especially as his wife who the bike was for was happy with 25km/h being plenty fast enough.

I would either put it on a ship and wait it out or sell your battery over there and buy a new one over here.

Paceman
    Free Member

I’d just buy a new battery when you get there. Seems lots of hassle otherwise.

beano68
    Free Member

Cheers guys for the replys, yup I’ll just man up and put them in the container along with the bike, got a 700 and a 500wh battery so no point selling them and end up buying only 1 in Canada.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shipping Ebike Batteries’ is closed to new replies.