Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shipping a bike to Jersey?
  • reformedfatty
    Free Member

Hi all,
    due to a lack of variety in Jersey bike shops, particularly at the value end of the market, I’m trying to figure out the viability of ordering a bike to a mainland uk address (the retailer doesn’t ship to channel islands), then sending it on myself. Unfortunately my google fu has failed me unless I felt like spending £130 on shipping. Any channel island residents run into this problem and can offer up any advice?

TiRed

Ship it to a contact in Poole and take the fast boat as a foot passenger? Probably cheaper than £130.

nobbyq
    Free Member

what’s the bike and shop that won’t ship ? all pay vat if you ship to uk address

andrewh
    Free Member

Because of the VAT it is probably worth having it shipped to Jersey. If the retailer won’t either find another retailer or arrange your own courier who will (and NOT Paisly Frieght/BikeDelivery, I ended taking them to court)
    VAT rules the same if you send it to a UK address and then export it from there but more hassle and paperwork.

spooky_b329

Can you order from France/Europe?

reformedfatty
    Free Member

It’s decathlon in this case. Ferry costs look to be about 75 quid as a foot passenger to France, which is still more than twice what normal bike shops charge for shipping to Jersey. Even if they have favourable courier rates that seems like a high markup

philstone

Have you tried Ship2me?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shipping a bike to Jersey?’ is closed to new replies.