• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bol.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shiny thing built at last and worth the wait
  • bol

I finally got the bits together to get my Sync put together today. Blimey it’s sprightly. I just need to get some bars with a bit less sweep to lengthen it out a little.

tang
    Free Member

Sweet.

bol

I now have the frustration of a long weekend with only an hour free to ride. It’s taking a while to get the hangof gripshift. More than once yesterday I grabbed a couple of higher gears as I approached a sharp rise.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Good work on your lawn…
    What cranks are those?

bol

Thanks. They’re xx1 with a 32t chainring. Thought I might need a 34, but now I’m thinking I might need a 30, or a few less pies.

mboy
    Free Member

Only just seen this, sorry for late reply!

Looks good mate. What’s the full spec? What travel you running the forks at? Got an accurate weight figure? (Mine with similar build but 2×10 rather than 1×11 was under 12kg even with the Reverb!)

Flat rise stem, and a riser bar though? Do you not find the front end a little tall? I’ve got 120mm Revelations, no stem spacers, a negative 10 degree stem and a flat bar and the bars still feel a few mm higher than optimal for me!

bol

Cheers mboy. The full spec is:

Large frame
    Revelation RCT3 20mm forks at 120mm
    Xx1 drivetrain with gripshift
    Reverb with Spesh Henge Expert saddle (in wide arse size)
    XTR trail brakes
    Stans arch ex rear and crest front on dt240 hubs
    Haven 85mm stem with 3T Extendo 740mm flat bar

It comes in at 24lbs on the nose.

It does look like the bar is a riser in the photo, and in fact I’ve rolled it forward more now as there is too much sweep for me. I need to swap it for a Strut at some point soon. I’ve also dropped the spacer. At 6’4″ I don’t think I’ll need to go negative, but a flatter flat bar would probably be better for general riding.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shiny thing built at last and worth the wait’ is closed to new replies.