Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shims for centrelock rotors?
  • phil5556

My wife wants some shims to space her rotors out on one of her wheelsets. I did find some but they were really expensive, can anyone point me at some sensibly priced ones please?

It’s not far out so need a set of thin ones, maybe .25mm?

oceanskipper

Cyclocross racer

CENTRE LOCK SHIMS

Depends what you mean by expensive though….

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Wot he said.
    Agree they are expensive, but ccr was dead helpful. Its not the material your paying for.

mert
    Free Member

I bought a big box of assorted CL and 6 bolt spacers from an american company whose name escapes me, a competitor to problem solvers.

Used them to to get all the various disc wheelsets on the 3 MTBs i had interchangeable.

Then pretty much sold the lot :/

edit:- wheels manufacturing. Who don’t seem to do them anymore.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Not much help, but I bought a set of 5 from ebay from seller; vclavs123
    was about a tenner… this was a long time ago, and looks not to have any for sale at the moment, but maybe a DM?

Not affiliated in anyway, maybe a ebay search will bring some joy from other sellers

Bought as my wheels had *slightly different hub dimensions and allowed for easy wheel swaps without having to re center the caliper….

intheborders
    Free Member

2 secs job to re-centre calipers instead?

mert
    Free Member

Maybe on your bike, i have to dig out a short legged hex key to get to the bottom bolt on my rear caliper as it’s obscured by the chainstay. Then 15 minutes into the ride it’s shifted a bit because i’ve swapped wheels 40 times already this year and the insert in the frame is getting a bit baggy and knackered.

I’d rather just leave everything exactly as it is and just swap the wheel.

(Luckily all my current swappable wheels (not many) have spacing that is all but identical. So nothing needs doing, a far cry from the days of three bikes and 7 or 8 sets of wheels…)

phil5556

2 secs job to re-centre calipers instead?

I hear what you’re saying but I want to make it hassle free for her. She’s struggled to “bond” with the bike but is now enjoying it, I want to try and keep it that way 🤣

i guess I’ll just have to stump up 18 quid for a few pence worth of shim.

phil5556

Cheers all

Rivett
    Free Member

Coke can?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.