Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano Zee 1×10
  • rootes1

just swapped from 1×9 sram x9 on a gripshit to 1×10 using SLX cassette and a Zee short cage mech and shifter..

works well (better then sram) shift is positive, clutch mechs actually are all they are cracked up to be and Zee seems to be a good option for 1×10 as you can get a shirt cage mech and only have to buy a right shifter – no lefhand to leave in the box.

vincienup
    Free Member

I liked mine too, only took it off as practicality dictated going back to double and the short cage was too short.
    It’s sitting wrapped in blue roll for the summer when I feel up to single ring again….
    Worth mentioning that the shift seemed more SRAM like than Shimano but for intended use this might be a plus… 🙂

rootes1

have a 32t chainring and 11-36 cassette at the back on my Singular Swift.. yes not a butter smooth as say SLX but def better than sram and no more lazy spring x-9 rear derailluer.

quite like the trigger very different to the previous gripshit.

also weights, quality etc seem similar to SLX.

vincienup
    Free Member

Iirc the part numbers are in the same range as SLX too … 😉
    I ran mine with a 36 g ring and 11-36 with SLX shifter.
    Was great but my legs weren’t enough to let me get that lot up hills in The Peaks on snowy, muddy fields and I just spent so much miserable pushing time I went back to double for now. I’ve had a lazy winter so probs entirely self inflicted. Has been replaced with an old M665 minus bash and an XT Shadow M780 with the other SLX shifter and an M785 front Der for now. More metal but much easier climbing!
    I have a Chameleon in pieces right now that either needs a fork rebuild or alternative forks but is a low priority as its not my only bike. When that goes back together that’s where the Zee kit is going and I *will* conquer 1×10 before the year’s out!

rootes1

was fine on 1×9 32 11/34 before so actually nice to have the 11-36 as you get a 32-36 rather than a 30-34.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Zee 1×10’ is closed to new replies.